[Lapg] Looking for housemates in Pasadena

Eric Einem eric at einem.us
Thu May 27 11:09:53 PDT 2010

My friend, Paul Livingstone, and I are looking for one or two housemates to
share a large house in Pasadena.  The place we are considering at the moment
is a 5 bedroom house on Garfield Ave in
Pasadena<http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/apa/1758872062.html>,
just south of Mountain.  We negotiated the rent for all five bedrooms down
to $2250, or $400-$500 per room..

We are hoping to find someone that is responsible, cleans up after
themselves, and is OK with young/teenage kids in the house.  Only one
teenager would be living their full-time, but we have 3 other kids that
would sometimes visit.

If our housemate has some common values with Paul and myself that would also
be a big plus.

I am very interested in permaculture, environmental issues, social issues
and simple living.  I've been getting all of my food by dumpster diving, as
so much good food is thrown out by local supermarkets and I hate to see it
go to waste (free food for housemates!).  We also like to host occasionally
small parties, musical jam sessions, discussions or video potlucks or
(perhaps a few times a month).  So our housemates would need to be OK with
that.

There is a yard, and some possibility for a garden and application of
permaculture principles.

>From an email from Paul (who is an amazing musician and a great friend):

"If you know good reliable folks who may be inclined to live in a collective
situation with freegans, around creative artists in a co-operative,
spiritually inclined & musical home please let us know!  Thank you - paul

Paul Z. Livingstone
performer/composer/world music educator
http://www.tanpura.com"

If you are interested are know of someone, let me know.

Eric Einem
626-388-0046