[Lapg] Fwd: [Scpg] Hand-made Knife - Forging Class ~ July 10th & 11th

L. Santoyo santoyo at earthflow.com
Tue Jun 15 12:05:33 PDT 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Julia Pfeifer <julia at juliapfeifer.com>
Date: Wed, May 26, 2010 at 6:08 PM
Subject: [Scpg] Hand-made Knife - Forging Class ~ July 10th & 11th
To: Julia Pfeifer <julia at juliapfeifer.com>

Hello,

This is Julia, I am an Ojai Studio Artist www.ojaistudioatrists.org  . I
have been lucky enough to take classes from Jason Hawk and am organizing the
class.  It will be held at my home in Ojai.  We will need a full class to
run it so please pass on the information to anyone you think would be
interested.

Hand-Made Knife - Forging Class
Ojai, CA
July 10th & 11th
10:00am - 6:00pm (lunch included)
The following Monday is available for private instruction (limited to 4)

In this two-day workshop you will learn the skills of knife making from
certified master blade smith Jason Hawk.  Jason will provide all the tools
and materials for you to forge your own steel blade knife or tool.

Jason Hawk has been forging greatly sought-after blades for 20 years out of
high quality steel and found materials and teaches how easy, inexpensive and
fun it is to forge your own tools that will last a lifetime.  Jason is a
 master blade smith and a primitive skills instructor.  A fourth-generation
blacksmith,  Jason learned these skills from his grandfather and father, who
was a Special Forces Instructor.  By age 10,Jason was skilled at making
traps, spears,  bows, and knives, and  received his Colorado guiding license
at 16.

On the first day Jason will teach you how to construct several styles of
forges out of simple materials.  You will also begin the process of creating
your own knife.  The second day will be focused on forging of blades for
tools, weapons and knives.  You will have the opportunity to forge your own
blade and leave with an understanding of how to do it on your own.  Each
person will get hands on experience and guidance in creating their own
finished piece.

We have reserved a third day with Jason to be available for advanced
instruction.  This will only be available to a few people so let us know at
signup time if you are interested.

$165 for two days of intensive instruction
Scholarships available
Email: julia at juliapfeifer.com
Call: (805) 646-0477
To register please make your checks payable to:
Ojai Studio Artists
P.O. Box 1761
Ojai, CA 93024
Please forward this to anyone who you think would be interested. We need
more enrolled students to be able to bring the teacher out.