[Lapg] Fwd: Canning - July 22

L. Santoyo santoyo at earthflow.com
Mon Jul 19 12:55:28 PDT 2010

FYI: from Transition Town LA...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: J.P. <jpoy at sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 11:29 AM
Subject: [TTLA] Canning - July 22
To: TTLA at yahoogroups.com

Please join us this Thursday, July 22 for a hands-on canning workshop.

Shelley Marks will lead the workshop where we will be doing hot water bath
canning of summer-fresh peaches.  Everyone will go home with recipes!

Bring what you have of the following: cutting board/knife, jar lifters,
potholders, apron (optional).
Jars, fruit, and other supplies will be provided.

RSVP is helpful so that we know how many people to expect. (310) 670-4777 or
email info at EnviroChangeMakers.org

6pm pre-prep session begins - we welcome people to help set up and cut
fruit.
7pm canning demonstration and main session begins.
$10 to $20 suggested donation to help with cost of supplies and instructor's
fee.
Community Hall of Holy Nativity, 6700 West 83rd, Westchester/LA 90045
Older children are welcome, but realize hot water and hot sugar may present
a safety hazard for tiny ones.

www.EnviroChangeMakers.org