[Lapg] a tree full of figs!

Joan Stevens mamabotanica at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 5 09:42:45 PDT 2010

If any of you are hungry for fresh figs please email me and I'll send you my
address.  You are welcome to come by and pick off my tree.  Fig tree is not so
conducive to a formal fruit exchange because they don't all ripen at once and
they only last for a day or two but what a treat to pick and eat on the spot or
take some to boil into preserves (cut them up, add some lemon and heat up until
they turn into luscious goo that makes the best spread for toast or to ladle
over ice cream!).
Email me if you want to come by - I'm in Eagle Rock between Trader Joe and Vons!
Joan

 "...the greatest change we need to make is from consumption to production, even
if on a small scale, in our own gardens. If only 10% of us do this, there is
enough for everyone.
Hence the futility of revolutionaries who have no gardens, who depend on the
very system they attack, and who produce words and bullets, not food and
shelter."

- Bill Mollison