[Lapg] 7 Foods/Plants The Healthiest People Eat - Lycium does grow in CA

W Talaro wtalaro at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 2 01:14:51 PDT 2010

Anyone ever tried eBay? I've never had a problem with any of the seed sellers
there. I saw six listings for the seeds of Lycium chinense.

As for the plant, there's a fellow by the name of Don Winterstein affiliated
with the OC chapter of the CA Rare Fruit Growers. Get in touch with him because
he had one of the plants growing in his garden in Brea. He may still have it.

It's a member of the Solanaceae family and not terribly hard to grow once you
get it started. It's just a question of having mother plants with good tasting
fruit as there are no cultivars, just the straight species.