[Lapg] Intersection Repair/Cob Building with Mark Lakeman 9/25

Sean Jennings swjennings at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 07:46:33 PDT 2010

So Cal Permies, we need you all to come out on 9/25 for a City Repair
project in Venice, cobbers, gardeners, painters and musicians, we need you
all to join us.  Take your PDC certificate to the next level, bring it to
the streets.  See you all then, and please tell all your friends.
Joyful Activist Club and Whole Foods Market Venice
with Westside Permies
Present:

Saturday, September 25, 9:00am - 4pm (all are welcome to stay later if you
would like)
Triangle median strip at the intersection of Dudley Ave. and Main St. in
Venice (across from the binocular building) map here:
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=118273188193184801223.00048f26b9aa9f9354079&z=19
A great opportunity to build community City Repair-style, as Mark Lakeman
will be joining us from Portland, OR.

A community building and beautification project, including:

- planting of native plants and aromatics
- improvements to retaining wall
- painting
- cob structure building (Get ready to get your hands and feet dirty)
- fun fun fun

bring work gloves and tools you may have (shovels especially), sun
protection, and a reusable water bottle.

If you have them, bring shovels, paint, paint brushes, plants (native to the
region)

Dress to get sweaty, maybe dirty (from the digging and/or the dancing). Also
feel free to bring musical instruments, face paints, stilts, hoola hoops,
cameras for the before and after photos, and anything that makes you smile.

We will finish with something we all love: Delicious Food!

Free lunch and snacks courtesy of Whole Foods Market Venice. Come for the
whole morning if you can, but if you can't, be there as long as you are
able.

All you Westsiders, start your weekend seeing your friends, and meeting new
ones. If you are not a Westsider, come over and join us, then spend Saturday
afternoon at the beach.
If you are a musician, come and jam for a bit.

(We mentioned there's a fabulous free lunch, right?)

Bring your family, tell your friends. Bring your friends, tell your family.