[Lapg] LA Decompression 10/2 Request for EcoLounge

Joan Stevens mamabotanica at sbcglobal.net
Sun Sep 19 08:42:02 PDT 2010

Hey y'all, it's that time again.  Burning Man Decompression Party on October 2.
 We're doing something a little different this year.  We'll be with the Ant Farm
stage again!  (hooray!) and this time instead of an afternoon of speakers and
evening of music we'll intersperse the two.  Current thinking is we'll have
people do a 10 minute spiel on the mike (either the speaker or an M.C. who can
draw a crowd) about what we'll be talking about then host an intimate
conversation with the peeps who show up with a tea party atmosphere somewhere
shady and quiet.  The intention is to create a dialogue around key issues.  The
"speaker" can lead or not.  This leaves room for people at the event who have
expertise in this topic to show up and share and for the person facilitating the
dialogue to be able to address folks issues about taking action in these areas.
 If you are not interested but know someone who would be please forward!
Your participation in this is what makes it work.  You know what a difference it
makes when the community steps forward!  Would love to hear from you.

Main Topic ideas:
Food
Water
Energy
Shelter
Health/Wellness
other good stuff -   Etc.? "...the greatest change we need to make is from
consumption to production, even if on a small scale, in our own gardens. If only
10% of us do this, there is enough for everyone.
Hence the futility of revolutionaries who have no gardens, who depend on the
very system they attack, and who produce words and bullets, not food and
shelter."

- Bill Mollison