[Lapg] Slide show Pow wow w/ Mark Lakeman + How 2 Fix "the Pigeon problem" !!!

charon nogues trickypoodle at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 29 17:47:20 PDT 2010

Yeah ! City Repair,
the Street Corner Revolution is happening all over LA this week !!!

Creative Space HM157* is proud to have Mark Lakeman & his team enlighten us all with a Slide Show Pow Wow & Lecture & PARTY******
Saturday October 2ND.
Doors open at 5:30 pm and lecture starts at 8:00 pm,
& we Party till 11*
We are inviting folks to bring a healthy dish, snack, drink or dessert for a community-style Pot Luck! Healthy & Happy Drinks + Food will also be available to purchase as a fundraiser for City Repair LA & HM157*

On Sunday October 3RD. From 11AM - 8PM*
We meet @ begin building a Pigeon Palace & friendly method of keeping the pooping machines off Historical Landmark
#157* ( HM157 )
Coffee & tea + fruit n nibbles will be provided*
We welcome additional Pot Luck Loving, for it will be a long day*
We will be addressing the BIG Pigeon Problem
Both activities are a $5 - $20 suggested donation.
***NOBODY will be turned away for lack of funds****

for more info on how we aim to fix the problem.....

Contact: Lynn Camille Cimino
LA City Repair, LA Permaculture Guild & Westside Permies
(213) 924-5238
camillecimino at gmail.com

Sponsored by HM157*
Most of you know of Mark Lakeman....but if you don't.... tune into :
Visionary architect Mark Lakeman as he inspires and guides the grid structure of a typical American city into a vital social commonswith Portland's City Repair Project
( http://www.cityrepair.org/ ).

Short Youtube clip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVq0exoGySc
Lecture on Your Tube (1 of 14):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DGE9BtSK4Q

Now a national movement, City Repair is about cities, towns, grids and the intersections where our lives can converge. Multidisciplinary, City Repair combines architecture, urban planning, anthropology, community development, public art, permaculture and ecological design in projects that transform public space. Formed in 1996, City Repair was conceived as an "anti-virus" to combat isolation and over-commoditization of conventionally designed cities, by literally inserting villages into cities.

Trained as an architect, Mark Lakeman is a founding member of the City Repair Project, and the creative director of the ecological design firm Communitecture. Each spring he coordinates the Village Building Convergence, an annual event sponsored by thecity of Portland that brings architects, planners, and artists together for ten days of concentrated work with neighborhood residents and volunteers. He has traveled extensively in southern Mexico, where his inspiration for community living came from living with traditional Mayan peoples.