[Lapg] Rain or shine - come play today!

Joan Stevens mamabotanica at sbcglobal.net
Sat Oct 2 07:35:53 PDT 2010

Today is the annual Los Angeles Burning Man Decompression Party.  There will be
tricks and treats and great music all day long.  I guess there will also be rain
?! (Indeed, what IS up with our weather?)  We'll be there regardless.  For more
information on the event please visit www.laburningman.com

We've got a great series of presentations at the Eco-Salon (next to the Ant Farm
music stage) Tea House.  Bring a mug and have a cup of tea with me or any of our
wonderful presenters.

Eco Salon Line up

1:30 Bike Culture - Bobby Gadda andGwiendolyn Alley

2:15 Eat Your Yard:  Livestock – chickens, bees, rabbits, and goats with Karen
Neal, Joan Stevens, Gloria Putnam and Composting and soil building with Eric
Werbalowsky and Marialyce Pedersen and Natalie Freidberg

3:00 Allen Lee Haskell – DIY Graywater

3:45 City Repair with Mark Lakeman and Camille Cimino

4:40 Joyful Activist Playshop – Francis DellaVecchia

5:30  Permaculture Playground-  Eric and Joan Stevens and special guests

6:30 Canning- Bettina Birch

7:15 Midnight Ridazz Bike Bling Awards
7:15 "Sustainable Wealth - Economics for the Age of Resiliency"(Sustainable
Wealth) Greg Wendt

8:00  'Sacred Architecture and Community Permaculture'  (Community Architecture)
Geofrey Collins

"...the greatest change we need to make is from consumption to production, even
if on a small scale, in our own gardens. If only 10% of us do this, there is
enough for everyone.
Hence the futility of revolutionaries who have no gardens, who depend on the
very system they attack, and who produce words and bullets, not food and
shelter."

- Bill Mollison