[Lapg] Last Paradise Film Event/SBCC Center for Sustainabilty/WED Oct 20/Arlington Theater

Margie Bushman, Santa Barbara Permaculture Network sbpcnet at silcom.com
Sun Oct 17 07:37:52 PDT 2010

Santa Barbara City College Center for Sustainability presents
Last Paradise Film
Arlington Theater, Wed, Oct 20, 7-9pm
<<<<<>>>>>>

Our childhood playgrounds shape our dreams
Our dreams shape our lives.
Our lives shape the playgrounds for tomorrow's children.
And so the fate of the wilderness is bound in this spiral.
                           Clive Neeson, Last Paradise Filmmaker

A story of adventure and change, filmed over 45 years,
  so we might relive the journey today---and better see our tracks
[]

Arlington Theater, Wed, Oct 20, 7pm

The Santa Barbara City College Center for Sustainability presents
Last Paradise, a film by Clive Neeson.

Last Paradise is a cheerful showcase of early pioneering adventures
in extreme sports that doubles as a poignant look at how much our
world has changed in 40 years---culturally, environmentally and
technologically.  By rekindling a love of the wild and tapping the
powerful forces of nature Neeson suggests tomorrows potential
protectors of the planet are the kids that play in it today.  .

An Eco-Adventure Film 45 years in the making with stunning original
footage from Bali, Mexico, Portugal, New Zealand, Utah, and
Australia, with young maverick sports pioneers exploring a world that
no longer exists.

Meeting along the way surf legends, extreme sports pioneers, and
scientists on the leading edge of alternative energy.

Clive Neeson, extreme sports pioneer, film-maker, and physicist will
be available for Q&A following the film.

The event is a fundraiser for the SBCC Center for Sustainablility.

Arlington Theater, 1317 State St, Santa Barbara, Wed, October 20,
7-9:30 pm, $10 general/$20 Center for Sustainability Supporter.
  Tickets available at the door, Arlington Theater ticket office
(805) 963-4408, or on-line at TicketMaster.com
   For more information, please call (805) 965-0581, ext. 2177, or
Margie, msbushman @ sbcc.edu

SBCC Center for Sustainability, http://sustainability.sbcc.edu/
Co-sponsors: Santa Barbara Surfrider Foundation, Santa Barbara
Permaculture Network, SB Independent, Harbor View Inn, El Capitan
Canyon Resort, Sojourner Cafe, Loa Tree, Orella Ranch, Quail Springs
Learning Oasis & Permaculture Farm, Surfers Without Borders, Island
Seed and Feed, Backyard Bowls, Nutiva, Owen Dell & Associates,
Green2Gold, Teeccino, Wilson Environmental Landscape Design & Arbor
Collective Skateboards.

X-Dance Awards "Last Paradise" was nominated for Best Documentary,
Best Action Film and won the "Ambassador of Green" Award

Last Paradise Film: www.lastparadisefilm.com

Last Paradise Film/YouTube:

   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHo6TGcEZXk
   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDY6pVYV9xU