[Lapg] 2011 SO Cal Permaculture Convergence - help wanted

Sean Jennings swjennings at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 06:32:27 PST 2010

--Please forward to anyone you think might be interested in helping--

Happy Holidays everyone,

A few of us have been working hard to organize the 2nd Southern California
Permaculture Convergence which is tentatively scheduled for May 13-15, 2011.
 We have an exciting location located at the LA/Ventura County line at a
camp overlooking the ocean.  A beautiful place for us all to gather and
build our network of permaculturist and earth activists.  Plus, we'll have
some pretty amazing keynotes at this year's convergence.

In order for us to make that happen we need your help.  Mainly, what we are
looking for is to raise the money for the deposit and insurance.  We have
already raised $1000, but we still need an additional $2000.  This is where
you come in.  We are interested in all sorts of possibilities to raise these
funds.  There are 3 ways that we have identified you can help.

1. Raising funds.  We are really interested in raising donations for this
money because it would be  nice to keep $3000 in reserve so that future
convergences will not have to find ways to come up with deposit and
insurance money, ensuring many more convergences to come.  This could mean
that anyone of you contact me with the amount that you would like to donate
and we'll name you as sponsor for the event (we could also use someone who
would be into finding sponsors) or we can start a Kickstarter campaign
(which we would love some help putting together)

2. Loan the money.  Once we have the sign ups coming in we would have enough
to pay you back no problem.  Loan size can range from $100-$2000.  Turn
around time for getting paid back would be no later than April 31, 2011

3. Presale tickets.  We are now accepting orders for Pre-sale tickets.   By
pre-ordering you can get priority bunkhouse assignments and a discount off
the ticket price.  $140 will reserve your space in a bunk house and
deliciously cooked organic meals.  $120 reserves your space in the limited
camping area as well as deliciously cooked organic meals.  Plus, you would
be getting us that much closer to reserving a space, a space we can gather
at for 3 beautiful days overlooking the ocean.

Well, that's it. Almost.  Like I already mentioned, we could use some more
help on the planning end as well.  We're also looking for people to help in
these areas:

   - graphic artist
   - web designer
   - fundraiser
   - publicity

Anyone that helps gets a *super* discounted price on the convergence.

Thanks from the Convergence planning crew.