[Lapg] Urban Permaculture Design in Tampa, PDC at Pine Ridge

Cory Brennan cory8570 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 4 10:16:31 PST 2011

Just wanted to let folks know that we'll be holding another urban Permaculture Design Course in Tampa before I go to Pine Ridge in April, and a Pine Ridge course, headed by Warren Brush, in late June.  Please forward to anyone you know who might be interested!
The Urban course will run six weekends from Feb 5 thru April 3, with some weekends off. We focus heavily on urban design solutions with an emphasis on small scale food forestry and gardening, including running a CSA out of your yard; economics; community organizing and creating community in a city environment; and retrofitting existing structure for sustainability. These urban courses help us fund our work at Pine Ridge and in Haiti, so please let people know about the course!  We deliver a high quality course and provide many extras to students such as career counseling, course pack, a great resource database, etc.
The Pine Ridge course will be held at our demonstration site at Pine Ridge reservation from June 13-26.  This will run in conjunction with our intern and apprenticeship program - students can come early or stay after the course for an immersive experience in a pretty intense design process to transform this site and reach out to the rest of the rez.  This course offers a unique cultural experience on Pine Ridge Lakota reservation along with the design course. Food and camping are included in the price.
Some sliding scale and work study is available for the Tampa course - Pine Ridge course discounts and scholarships are reserved for Lakota at Pine Ridge.
More info is at the web site permacultureguild.us or write to me.
Cory Brennanpermacultureguild.us