[Lapg] Ecovillage slide show at LA Eco-Village on Tuesday, Feb. 22nd

Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network lakinroe at silcom.com
Fri Jan 28 06:40:23 PST 2011

Hello,

	I'm writing to let friends and colleagues in Southern California
know I'm presenting my slide show:

"Ecovillages: Where They Are, What They're Doing,
Why They're Important"

Tuesday evening, February 22, at 7:30-9:30 pm at Los Angeles Eco-Village.

	Please forward this information to anyone you think might be
interested. Thank you!

	The cost $5-$10 sliding scale and reservations are required:
Lois Arkin, 213-738-1254 or crsp at igc.org.

	LA Eco-Village is at the corner at White House and Bimini
Place in the Wilshire Center/Koreatown area of Los Angeles.

	Here's the webpage for driving directions, parking, and local
bus lines.
	http://www.laecovillage.org/Directions.html

	The slide show has been updated quite a bit since I showed it
at LA Eco-Village in 2009.

	It features over 400 photos showing ecological, economic, and
social/cultural/spiritual aspects of sustainability in ecovillage
projects worldwide. Permaculture design, Earth restoration, natural
building, off-grid power, alternative technology, sustainable
agriculture, peace activism, serving others, local currencies,
cottage industries, participatory decision-making, effective
communication skills, and more.

	For more details about slide show:
http://dianaleafechristian.org/ecovillage_slideshow.html

  Here's an overview slide, below. What follows this are many slides
of various ecovillages worldwide doing each of these ten things.

	Cordially,
	Diana Leafe Christian