[Lapg] Fw: [nelafoodcoop] Acorn Class

camille cimino camcim at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 8 10:03:48 PST 2011

--- On Tue, 2/8/11, Gail Murphy <gemcot at earthlink.net> wrote:

From: Gail Murphy <gemcot at earthlink.net>
Subject: [nelafoodcoop] Acorn Class
To: nelafoodcoop at yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, February 8, 2011, 8:54 AM

      RIPE Altadena will be having a class presented by our own nelafoodcoop member Orchid Black called "How to Make Acorns Edible". The class will be on Sunday February 27 from 1:30 - 4:30 in Pasadena. Orchid will present history on the acorn including info like how to tell which will store for a short time, and which will keep for years; after her one hour presentation we will have two hours of experience on how to open the acorns and how to get rid of the tannins which are toxic. At the end we will taste acorn bread (like corn bread). This information could be crucial if you find yourself in the wilderness lacking food, or nice to have just to make use of some highly nutritious free food that drops around us every year!

Please contact me if you are interested for more information: gemcot at earthlink.net

Gail

	  Reply to sender |

	  Reply to group |