[Lapg] Skillbuilder Series starts today, 10AM - 2PM

Davey davey.creates at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 08:31:13 PST 2011

today 2/19, don't miss it, no need preregistration

GET INDEPENDENT @ HM157 !

The Permaculture Skillbuilder Series takes you into the different principles
and techniques of permaculture. In this series of workshops, we will be
combining lecture with hands on training specifically focused on the steps
you can take to convert your life into a permaculture oasis. Whether you
have permaculture experience or are new to the subject, we have something
for you. You will leave these workshops knowing what you can do in your life
to create a more abundant, beautiful world.

2/19 - INTRODUCTION TO PERMACULTURE/HANDS-ON/OBSERVATION/PRINCIPLES OF
DESIGN
With JOAN STEVENS*

RAIN OR SHINE*
CLASS HAS BEEN ADAPTED TO WORK W/ THE RAIN.
( That's how Permaculture rolls baby. )

Class runs from 10AM-2PM, with a 30 Minute lunch ( Please bring a lunch )
During lunch, we will being watching a short film.

The tutelage fee is $25

Build your permaculture toolbox from the ground up by learning how to see
what's really there. Explore the age old art of observation! You'll be
amazed at how much more there is to the world than what you thought was
there. Learn to see how nature is communicating with us all the time by
learning how to listen (with all your senses). Instead of imposing our will
on the landscape we will let the landscape tell us how to work with it to
create beauty and abundance as we practice our new vision. Come away with
skills to see your yard/neighborhood/city in new ways and the design tools
to move your vision into action!

After the morning lecture, we will have lunch & watch the short film, then
we'll go outside for a spell with our measuring tapes (keeping dry,
observing flow and other patterns) then with our clip boards and practice
mapping based on initial observations, then with graph paper and rulers, we
will start practicing drawing to scale. Afterwards we can discuss all the
positive possibilities.

*DO BRING A CLIP BOARD<SKETCH PAD< GRAPH PAPER< GOOD PENCILS<RULERS & ETC*

THE ULTIMATE GOAL OF THIS SERIES ( Besides unleashing more powerful green
thumbs into the world ) Is to transform the high profile front yard of
Community Creative Space HM157 into a Permaculture food forest community art
gallery called :

THE RENAISSANCE ART GALLERY GARDEN OF LINCOLN HEIGHTS.

Check out our instructor JOAN STEVENS @ www.mamabotanica.com

For more information & to RSVP please contact :

CHARON NOGUES @ hmonefiftyseven at gmail.com

HM157
3110 N. Broadway
Lincoln Heights