[Lapg] Pine Ridge Lakota reservation permaculture design course in June!

Cory Brennan cory8570 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 8 08:23:45 PST 2011

We're offering the Pine Ridge permaculture design course from June 13-26 this year at Pine Ridge Lakota reservation in South Dakota.
We should have many ongoing projects at that time that you will see and/or get to do some hands on with, including cob, straw bale, earth plasters, keyline dam and swaling, rainwater
 catchment, food forest and kitchen garden, Lakota herbal medicine wheel garden, compost shower and much more.
The organization we partner with, Oglala-Lakota Cultural and Economic Revitalization Initiative, has added a
 rescue mustang program at the ranch along with a horse and rider program for Lakota youth. They are in negotiations to add buffalo as well. And we are expanding our education program into other areas of the reservation this year, including a mobile sustainability and cultural mobile library (there is
 no public library on the rez!).
There are so many exciting things happening - we would love you to be a part of it and bring your creative energy!
Your course fees help us to do the work that we do there and to offer training to Lakota on the rez. This is a very special design course where you can really make a difference beyond just doing the course (which is life changing in itself).  The OLCERI ranch is a Lakota owned and run 8000 acre demonstration site offering tools for resiliency and regeneration of the Lakota people.
Please forward this far and wide - we would love to have a full course as it will help us expand the food forest and other programs there.
http://www.permacultureguild.us/pine-ridge-permaculture-design-course-2011/
We also now have a Facebook page for the Pine Ridge project specifically where you can
 keep abreast of the news.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Oglala-Lakota-Cultural-and-Economic-Revitalization-Initiative/169097926472292
And one for all of Permaculture Guild's projects;
http://www.facebook.com/PermacultureGuild4
Cory Brennan