[Lapg] 350 Home & Garden Challenge!

Living Mandala livingmandala at livingmandala.com
Sun May 1 08:42:27 PDT 2011

Dear Friend,

Have you heard?

On May 14th & 15th, thousands of people across the country will rise
to the challenge to create more sustainable, resilient communities by
participating in the 350 Home & Garden Challenge!

The 350 Garden Challenge was inspired in part by the 350.org's
international campaign to find and implement solutions to climate
change.

Coming off the incredible success of 628 garden actions in Sonoma
County, California in a single weekend in the spring of 2010, this
year the 350 Home & Garden Challenge is going national engaging
citizens, organizations, local businesses, media and civic leaders to
grow food, save water & conserve energy to strengthen the resiliency
of local communities across the country.

Lead nationally by Transition U.S., this exciting initiative has
brought on partners such as 350.org, Post-Carbon institute, Victory
garden Foundation, Chelsea Green Publishing, Evolver, BALLE, YES
Magazine, and a growing number of transition initiatives, inspired
citizens, and community activists from east to west.

350 Home & Garden Challenge More Info

So what exactly is the 350 Home & Garden Challenge?

You as an individual in your community can identify a specific project
or action in one or more of the four challenge areas: food, water,
energy and community. All we ask is for you to stand up and be counted
by registering your project or action so we can document the strength
and impact of this movement and show the world just how powerful we
are when we stand together as local communities and as a country
taking responsibility for our future.

Why 350?

For all of human history until about 200 years ago, our atmosphere
contained 275 parts per million of carbon dioxide. 350 parts per
million is the number that scientists, climate experts, and
progressive national governments are now saying is the safe upper
limit for CO2 in our atmosphere to avert drastic climate change. We
are currently at 390 and climbing.  Unless we are able to rapidly
return to below 350 ppm this century, we risk reaching a tipping point
of irreversible change on the ecological systems we know and are
dependent upon which will impact all life as we know it.

We can turn this challenge into an opportunity to come together to
create real solutions to the climate crisis, to stregthen our
resiliency and self-relience, and to build the world we have always
dreamed to live in.

Stand up and Be Counted! Register Your Action Today!

Sign-up as a Community Organizer

What we learned last year is that success of the 350 Home & Garden
Challenge at the community level really was due to the efforts of a
local organizing team. The 350 Home & Garden Challenge has created
Toolkits to assist local organizing teams to be successful in their
initiatives. These Toolkits are available on the Transition US
Website. Once you sign up as a community organizer, you will be
invited to participate in informational webinars for the 350 Home &
Garden Challenge hosted by Transition US, which will occur at 11 am
PST until the weekend of May 14-15. Sign Up as a Community Organizer
Today.

Get Involved!

Big challenges require an inspired vision and bold action. We are
asking for your support to spread the word, engage your friends,
neighbors, social groups, churches, co-workers, and civic leaders.

The best way to make this country more food, water, and energy
independent is to do it ourselves.

It’s our community and WE make a difference... especially when we work
together.

Stand Up, Be Counted, Tell Your Friends, and Join the 350 Home &
Garden Challenge Today!

For More Information on the 350 Home & Garden Challenge Click Here.

Living Mandala
Organizing Education, Events & Initiatives for Personal & Planetary
Transformation
www.LivingMandala.com
Find Living Mandala on Facebook!

350 Home & Garden Challenge
Grow Food, Save Water, Conserve Energy, Build Community
Register Your Action Today!
Join 350 Home & Garden Challenge on Facebook!