[Lapg] Community Garden Supplies

Marc I. Rosenthal marc at personalcreations.net
Tue May 10 07:01:11 PDT 2011

Hi everyone~!

We are still looking to source the following for our Community Garden project in South Central LA this Sunday. Please let me know if you can come by and join in the fun as well!

> 10 yards of sand - I confirmed a donation for 20 yards, but only 10 yards showed up at the school yesterday. I am still working on the balance, but could use support from all of you sourcing the additional 10 yards needed.
>
> Trex - this a wood composite material we are using to define planting areas around the perimeter of the garden, as well as using it to define the actual planting plots.
>
> For the outer perimeter, we need 600 linear feet of 2 x 6. Luckey is open to substituting the 2 x 6 Trex the architect spec'd out for benderboard, which is much cheaper, so either one will do.
>
> For the garden plots, we need 2800 linear feet of 1 x 12 Trex. Mittry already tried Trex directly for a donation. He is working with Home Depot right now to see if they will donate. In the meantime, we need to source this!! Pre-used, recycled would be great...even if someone sourced redwood as a subsititute and we could get it donated, we could enroll Luckey into using it. If we used redwood, we could source 1400 linear feet of 2 x 12 instead (Trex doesn't make 2 x 12 so we were doubling up). If anyone has any other brilliant ideas for a substitute material for the perimiter of the raised garden plots, let me know!!

Best wishes,

Marc Rosenthal

Be bold. Expand space. Transform intention into action.

Personal Creations, Inc.
12336 Marshall Street
Studio Suite 1A
Culver City, CA 90230

www.personalcreations.net

(310) 391-8300
(310) 391-8330 (fax)
(310) 560-6404 (cel)

Projection, Lighting, Show Control, Illuminated Props & Clothing
Design  .  Production

This message is confidential and may be privileged. It is intended
solely for the named addressee. If you are not the intended recipient
please inform us. Any unauthorized dissemination, distribution or
copying hereof is prohibited.