[Lapg] building fee moratorium

CURTIS BLANKINSHIP curtis.blankinship at gmail.com
Mon May 30 10:02:08 PDT 2011

Gang
 Please ask your local city councils to put a moratorium on building fees. I
am not advocating over building. Sustainability is environmentalism plus
people.
This creates jobs. Only large developers can afford these fees They tend to
be cost prohibitive for the owner builder.
The owner builder is where we can get decentralized environmental projects
like graywater and passive solar done without a large impact.
Instead, money goes to build centralized plants and infrastructure to bring
the power to towns.
 I think I have convinced 29 palms to put a moratorium on building fees.
They allowed a hotel to put a third floor on their building even though the
town does not have ladder truck that reaches that high.
They are moving money around to pay for the truck and imposing a fire fee.
In my opinion this is a direct subside to a multinational corporation as
opposed to a subside for a local business. Just to break ground costs at
least 35k.
Building permits are down from a high of 900 in 2008 to 35 per year. The
town has a 9million dollar surplus.

Dont forget CHFLOAN.ORG.