[Lapg] Intensive Experiential Permaculture Workshop with SBCC at Quail Springs, July 1-3

Quail Springs info at quailsprings.org
Wed Jun 8 12:44:05 PDT 2011

Greetings Permaculture enthusiasts!

We're putting on this intensive experiential workshop as part of Santa
Barbara City College's Permaculture course.  We want to open up some space
in the workshop for non-SBCC folks as we've heard that Permaculture
enthusiasts are often keen for opportunities to get some guided experience
in a facilitated group setting.

The prerequisite to join this workshop is to have taken an Intro to
Permaculture course, a Permaculture Design Certification course, or to have
done some substantial reading on Permaculture - in order to have the group
be up to speed with conceptual basics of Permaculture and ready to dive into
the intensive together!

***********************

Intensive Experiential Permaculture Workshop
at Quail Springs Permaculture Farm

Friday & Saturday, July 1-2
optional day, Sunday, July 3

Topics include:

.	In-Depth Tour of Quail Springs Site with focus on element and
function relationships, zoning, legal barriers to sustainability, land and
social history, feedback integration in incremental design, hydrological
cycles and systems

.	Natural Building - hands-on working with cob

.	Chicken butchering process demonstration and hands-on

.	Permaculture in Africa presentation (through the eyes of the
principles of permaculture)

.	Nature awareness/landscape observation activities

.	Building a micro-swale, use survey equipment

.	Composting - Build a thermophyllic compost pile, discuss and visit
humanure composting systems and orchard toilet strategies (humanure
tractors), and simple home bucket systems

.	Watershed Walk, watershed restoration work including building small
gabions high on watershed

.	Making cheese and yogurts

.	Fireside sits, thanksgiving circles, shared meals, moon and star
gazing, great conversations!

Cost includes instruction, delicious catered meals and tent camping:
$225 for 2 day (July 1-2) due by June 24th
$75 for optional 3rd day (July 3) due upon arrival

Contact to register or with questions ASAP: kolmi at quailsprings.org or call
805-886-7239