[Lapg] Fw: Free rabbit bedding for compost, Van Nuys

Joan Stevens mamabotanica at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 22 15:37:45 PDT 2011

This is what I"m talking about!  Any rabbit rescue has a load of this stuff and
it's amazing for buiding soil.  Van Nuys is not local enough for me or I'd
jump.  If you can go for it!
Joan

We are BunnyLuv Rabbit Resource Center , a non-profit 501(c)(3) rabbit rescue
organization.  We house 65+ rabbits, the majority of whom were rescued from city
and county animal shelters when placed on the Red List for euthanasia.  Most of
these rabbits are available for adoption.

3 times weekly, we fill a dumpster approx. 12' x 5' x 5' deep with hay, recycled
paper bedding material, rabbit waste and uneaten green veggies.  Because of our
location, we have no place to compost any of this material.  We pay a small
fortune, that we cannot afford, to have it all dumped and hauled away for us.

We would very much like to reduce our operating costs and help out the
environment by giving this waste material to another organization that will be
able to compost it and use it for themselves, or share with others.
Unfortunately, we also have no way to transport it to anyone as we have no truck
available to us.
We are closed Monday and Friday, open noon-7 PM Tues/Wed/Thurs and 11 AM- 4 PM
Sat. and Sun.
Sincerely,

Kim Brinkley
BunnyLuv Rabbit Resource Center