[Lapg] Eastside Permaculture Guild

Bruce Woodside warnwood at me.com
Mon Jul 25 19:47:59 PDT 2011

It was good to meet with everyone and find out what people have been doing in their areas. I spoke about the upcoming Transition LA event at the Venice High School Learning Garden on August 13. Here's the information about it and a way to RSVP if you'd like to be part of this process: https://sites.google.com/site/transitionlacoreteam/project-updates/aretreateventtodiscussthisstuff

Also, here's the information about Nate Downey's book tour:

Is anyone interested in hosting Nate Downey, permaculture landscape designer and author of "Harvest the Rain", for a book signing?  He willapparently be in LA Oct 24-26.  Looks like his topic is cisterns.  I have scheduled him for Weds Oct 26 in Westchester.

It would be great to give him a site in TSFV, NELA, Whittier, or perhaps Rancho Palos Verdes on the other dates so that we "spread him around" a little.  If you are interested, John Tikotsky will help coordinate with Nate's office.

Joanne P

<snip>

a book tour schedule for Nate Downey, permaculture landscape designer and author of :Harvest the Rain.: We are hoping to schedule an event with you in Los Angeles between October 24th and the 26th.  It would be a great opportunity for Nate to discuss his book and share his rain
harvesting experience.  I have listed a couple of sites below for you to look at to get a better idea as to the depth of Nate's experience and what he has to offer.

http://www.ose.state.nm.us/wucp_RoofReliantLandscaping.html
www.harvesttherain.com
www.santafepermaculture.com
www.carboneconomyseries.com