[Lapg] Ventura area permaculture/intentional communities get together Sunday 8/7

mike a safetypunk at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 18:54:56 PDT 2011

Hello everyone-

Sunday August 7 from 5-9pm La Ancla (a small urban sustainability project)
in Ventura will be hosting an open potluck and seed/start swap. This will be
a great chance to meet up with great people and share good food. Everyone is
welcome!

Our small working class neighborhood between the mountains and the sea also
has a ton of recently foreclosed properties for sale with extremely low
asking prices (for Southern California 5-20 blocks from the beach), so if
you're interested in intentional communities or co-housing or buying your
own place to transform, this is a perfect spot. They are mostly 1/3 acre
lots with two different homes built on them from the 20s and 30s and are in
the $134k-300k range... The homes are mostly in the absentee slumlord
paradigm and we'd like to see more sustainability-minded folks take over
fixing these places instead of letting Orange County slumlords carry on
exploiting poor and working class folks while these beautiful houses fall
down.

La Ancla is located at 573 North Olive Street in Ventura 93001. Please bring
food or booze and any seeds/starts you might have to share. Kids and dogs
are welcome. Shoot me an email or call (310)910-3755 if you've any
questions...

Mick