[Lapg] The Place-Making Workshop/Guerilla Gardening/Natural Building Workshop @ HM157- Thursday September 29Th from 10AM-3PM

charon nogues trickypoodle at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 6 12:35:24 PDT 2011

Good day Permies*** ( Please Repost****)

Mark Lakeman & City Repair are coming to HM157 to teach us how to change the world one block & bus stop at a time......

The Place-Making Workshop/Guerilla Gardening/Natural Building Workshop is on Thursday September 29Th from 10AM-3PM

For those of you who don't know...

City Repair

is an organized group action that educates and inspires communities and individuals to creatively transform the places where they live. City Repair facilitates artistic and ecologically-oriented placemaking through projects that honor the interconnection of human communities and the natural world. The many projects of City Repair have been accomplished by a mostly volunteer staff and thousands of volunteer citizen activists.

City Repair began in Portland, Oregon with the idea that localization - of culture, of economy, of decision-making - is a necessary foundation of sustainability. By reclaiming urban spaces to create community-oriented places, we plant the seeds for greater neighborhood communication, empower our communities and nurture our local culture.

www.cityrepair.org/

That being said.... City Repair's embassadors of change making Mark Lakeman & Marisha Auerbach will be leading a Place Making/Natural Building/Guerilla Gardening workshop on City Property in front of good ol' HM157 ! So come learn hands on how to transform any piece of dirt or pavement into a Community-Destination-Connection Station !

Mark and Marisha will start the workshop with a powerpoint presentation/more theoretical side of natural building and placemaking from 10-Noon, break for a one hour lunch at El Hurachito, then come back for implementation/building/cobbing/guerilla gardening for 2 hours.

If you can afford a $15 sliding scale donation to go towards the expense of City Repairs traveling costs... please do contribute, nobody will be turned away for lack of funds. Folks are welcome/encouraged to donate more for this great teaching tour*****

We are building a cob bench in front of HM157 that will be facing both our new Community Bulletin Board & for parade viewing on Broadway Ave ! + Guerilla Gardening !

To RSVP, please contact : Charon Nogues @ hmonefiftyseven at gmail.com

www.hm157.com