[Lapg] GREEN FESTIVAL Sat/Sun Oct 29-30 - L.A. Convention Center

Lois Arkin crsp at igc.org
Fri Oct 28 17:44:57 PDT 2011

Hi All,
I thought this summed The Green Festival up nicely (thanks to Jim
Stewart).  Hope you will be there.  I was there much of today setting up
the L.A. Eco-Village booth and scouting the other exhibits.

  I believe this will be the best Festival of its kind ever in LA.  And
this is the first time this Festival--The Green Festival--has been to
our fair city.  Sponsored by two activist nonprofit organizations, Green
America (formerly Co-op America) and Global Exchange, they have been
facilitating social, environmental and economic change for decades.

Come visit our booth, adjacent to the Main Stage and across from the
Community Action stage, NP3.  Also, hear Eco-Villager Joe Linton talk
about the L.A. River Saturday at noon on the Community Action Pavilion,
Eco-Vlllager Bobby Gadda talk about bicycle activism in LA Saturday at 2
pm on the Green Living Stage, and I'll be talking on the topic of "My
Brother-in-Law is a Global Warming Denier" Saturday at 3 pm in the
Sustainable Home & Garden Pavilion.

Plus lots of other local and national activists on a variety of subjects
near and dear to all of our hearts, including Echo Park and Arroyo Time
Bank Founders Autumn Rooney and Janine Christiano on Saturday at 1 at
the Sustainable Home and Garden Pavilion.

Please forgive me if this is an inappropriate use of your listserve.
I'm just too enthusiastic to not give you a last minute update/reminder.

Yours for a more sustainable and just planet,

Lois Arkin
L.A. Eco-Village
www.laecovillage.org

Green Festival Oct. 29 & 30!

LA Convention Center

   Don't miss the Los Angeles Green Festival this Saturday, 10am - 7pm
and Sunday, 11am - 6pm, at the Los Angeles Convention Center!
Grab your friends, family and co-workers and join us to celebrate what's
working in our communities and learn new ways to green your life!

GET IN FREE if you ride your bike (park at our bike valet) or take
public transportation with Metro pass or ticket.
Also free:  18 and under, 62 and over, union card holders, students with
ID, Sieraa Club members, Green America and Global Exchange members, if
you bring e-waste (cell phones, computers, TVs, microwaves),

125 Amazing Speakers
Meet and hear renowned authors and visionaries, including Bill McKibben,
Amy Goodman, David Korten, Mark Hertsgaard, Marianne Williamson, Miguel
Luna, Tom Hayden, and more. Plus special "Sierra Club Presents" stage
with films and local activists.

Enjoy DIY workshops, films, fun kid's activities, organic vegan &
vegetarian cuisine, local beer & wine, music & art, and hundreds of
impressive exhibits of green businesses & organizations.

Free Yoga
LA's Tommy Rosen calls Green Festival the place to be "to find
inspiration, elevation, and liberation"
Join us at the Yoga and Movement Pavilion for 2 days of classes in yoga,
tai chi, belly dance, meditation, and hoop-notica from LA's finest
instructors. See who will be teaching - classes fill up fast!