[Lapg] Important action

Cory Brennan cory8570 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 7 05:37:38 PST 2011

Seems that it is important to get this handled - would make our job a whole lot easier. Worth taking some time out to communicate! Please pass this forward! Sorry I got this out so late, didn't see it in my box til now.

It's Our Right to Know What's in Our Food
December 5, 2011

Hello California!
There is still time to volunteer to ensure that the Genetically
Engineered Food Right to Know act gets on the ballot next November. If
you haven't yet volunteered, please send us an email
with the following information and a local leader from your area will
contact you by phone with all the information you will need to attend a
signature gathering activist training session. Come and learn the easy
and fun way to collect signatures to be ready to hit the streets when we
start gathering them in January!

Full Name:

Mailing Address:

Zip Code:

Phone Number:

Email Address:
Get your Organization to Sign the Letter of Support!
The founding members of our coalition include eighteen organizations
and businesses that have put their money where their mouths are and are
committed to making GMO labeling a reality in California. Those groups
are:
OCA/OCF

Dr. Bronner's

Center for Food Safety

LabelGMOs

Lundberg Family Farms

Nature's Path

Mercola.com

Food Democracy Now

Institute for Responsible Technology

Eden Foods

Organic Valley
NaturalNews. com
American Academy of Environmental Medicine

Genetic ID
CA State Grange
National Organization for Women
United Natural Foods Inc.

We are growing this list every day and will have hundreds of groups
represented by the time this issue is voted on. Please urge any
organizations, religious groups, businesses or campaigns that you are
involved in to sign on to the coalition and support this initiative.
Upcoming Meetings and Trainings
(Click here for a complete list and details)
Downtown Los Angeles - Signature Gathering Training

Monday, December 5th 7:30pm

Project Butterfly, 821 Traction Ave. - Unit #108, Los Angeles, CA 90013

RSVP: echoparklabelgmo@ gmail.com or 818-527-2664
W. Los Angeles - Signature Gathering Training

Monday, December 5 at 6:30pm

Santa Monica Synagogue 1448 18th Street Santa Monica, CA 90404-2804
Simi Valley - The Future of Food and Signature Gathering Training

Monday, December 5 at 6:30pm

Repair & Remodel Store, 4438 Los Angeles Ave., Simi Valley, CA 93063

The Simi Valley training also includes a movie. The 'optional' movie
starts at 6:30 p.m. Signature Gathering info is at 7:30. Then we resume
the movie for those who want to stay.
Sherman Oaks- Signature Gathering Training

Tues, Dec. 6th at 7pm

Starbucks 13351 Riverside Dr., Sherman Oaks, 91423

Contact Anita: LABLEGMOS80@ GMAIL.COM
Long Beach - Signature Gathering Training

Wednesday, Dec. 7th 6:30-8:30pm.

Location: Private Residence Cross streets are 6th street and Ximeno in Belmont Heights

RSVP to Lisa for address -562-787-3933 or lismacmillan@ hotmail.com
North Hollywood - Signature Gathering Training

Wednesday, Dec. 7th at 6pm

Wat Thai Buddhist Temple, 8225 Coldwater Canyon Ave, North Hollywood, CA 91605
Oak Park / Agoura - Signature Gathering Training

Thursday, December 8th at 7pm

Private Residence in Oak Park

Please RSVP to get directions to gmofreesocal@ gmail.co or 818-527-2664
Temecula - Signature Gathering Training

Thursday, December 8, 2011 / Time: 7:00 - 9:00 PM

Where: Holistic Chamber of Commerce, 27431 Enterprise Circle West,
Suite #102 (Ranpac building), Temecula, CA 92590. Look for the balloons
and lights on the corner pointing you to the location. RSVP:
KathyLynch at WellSkil ls.Tcom
Orange - Signature Gathering Training

Saturday, December 10th at 4:30-6pm

Villa Park Town Hall 17855 Santiago Blvd., Orange ( next to library, adjacent to Ralphs)

Call John with any questions: 714-315-6726
San Diego - Signature Gathering Training

Saturday, December 10th at 10am

Ocean Beach Peoples Food Coop

4764 Voltaire Street, San Diego, CA 92107

The meeting will be in the community room, the small dining room near the restrooms.
San Diego/Del Mar - Signature Gathering Training

Sunday, December 11th at 4pm

Jimbo's Naturally 12853 El Camino Real, San Diego, CA 92130

It will be at 4 pm, in the cafe. If we have too big of a crowd, we'll move to the conference room.

Contact Sheri Fogarty: labelgmossandiego@ gmail.com
Simi Valley - Food Inc and Signature Gathering Training

Monday, December 12 at 6:30pm

Repair & Remodel Store, 4438 Los Angeles Ave., Simi Valley, CA 93063

Directions: S/E corner of L.A. and Tapo St.- 1 mile East of Tapo Cyn.

(Extra parking at 'Tire Pros' on S/ West corner of L.A. & Tapo)

The Simi Valley training also includes a movie. The 'optional' movie
starts at 6:30 p.m. Signature Gathering info is at 7:30. Then we resume
the movie for those who want to stay.

To learn more about the initiative and the process, please visit the Organic Consumers Fund website.