[Lapg] Roundwood Workshop in the impact zone of Pasadena

Ray Cirino cobanation at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 13 18:49:23 PST 2011

Roundwood construction Workshop

Southern California just had a 100 year wind event that caused major tree damage. There are no written plans for the fallen trees,  except bring them to the landfill and burry them or burn them which adds to global climate change. Let's show the city what can be done and to create green jobs for a sustainable future. Plan on learning how to design a trellis where every log is curved and beautiful. We'll be attaching the posts to solid granite rocks by drilling out both the posts and boulders.All water will be deverted away from the cured wood so not to rout. Edible fruit and veggies will be planted in the space watered by the shower flow.

Address:959 E.Topeka St. Pasadena, CA 91104

Fee: $30

Lunch: FREE veggie pizza etc.(bring your own drinks)

Time: 10:00 am - 4:00 pm Saturday Dec.17th

Notes:
bring gloves and old clothes.

Call: 818-834-7074

Some of the damage and tree we harvested:
http://tribes.tribe.net/b054c9ae-5845-4b90-b3c9-a1e5f2978464/photos/1e8c1b76-9ce8-486e-afc9-ff4d6f03be6b

The Great Challenges we now face as a species present the very opportunities that are giving birth to Ecological, Psychological, and Spiritual Sustainability.