[Lapg] bountiful gardens tip/ nursery tour?/ nursery list

Joan Stevens mamabotanica at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 6 09:31:14 PST 2012

Bountiful Gardens is up the 5.  It's really worth the trip and the prices can't
be beat - David Diaz (owner) is a real plantsman at heart.  Camille Cimino
turned me on to him - I've heard he'll even start specific varieties for you if
you work something out with him.

If you go, tell him I sent you!
http://bountifulgardens.info/
Joan
P.S. it would be fun to do a nursery tour day some weekend.  I'd be happy to
help organize.  We could visit a couple nurseries and then have a late lunch
somewhere.  I'm partial to the East side though.

if we could even start a list of recommended nurseries that would be super
helpful.
In fact here's a google doc we can add info to:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ah_P1R38FugOdHljNGM1YXFnWmRoMklxQmtJczVCYXc

 "There is one, and only one, solution, and we have almost no time to try it. We
must turn all our resources to repairing the natural world,and train all our
young people to help. They want to.
We need to give them this last chance to create forests, soils, clean waters,
clean energies, secure communities,stable regions, and to know how to do it from
hands-on experience"
"...the greatest change we need to make is from consumption to production, even
if on a small scale, in our own gardens. If only 10% of us do this, there is
enough for everyone.
Hence the futility of revolutionaries who have no gardens, who depend on the
very system they attack, and who produce words and bullets, not food and
shelter."

- Bill Mollison