[Lapg] OT - Looking for an awesome room mate - and a 3bdr House in Los Feliz or Atwater Village area

Katrina Zavalney katrinazavalney at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 20:42:25 PST 2012

2 Creative Professionals Seek Great 3rd House Mate for 3BR/2BA Home w/Garden
(in Los Feliz, Silverlake, Atwater Village, Glendale Area)

We are two housemates in their 30s, both who work at Disney, actively
looking for a house closer to work and a third like-minded house mate to
join -- based on the rough belief that three is the magic number of house
mates, where you get all the benefits of a larger living space, without any
part of the house shared too thinly. Ideally, we're looking for a
responsible, non-smoker, no pets, creative, fun, chill, employed,
easy-going 'good-fit' and someone who is keen to co-create a healthy living
space that works for all.

We've been finding lots of great places and here's what we are planning:
3BR/2BA House for roughly $3000/month; averaging about $1000/for each
roommate + utilities; with a move in time frame around Feb 15, or later,
but aiming for a move by Spring 2012; and we're willing to wait for the
right place. We want it to be a great home sanctuary--ideally w/wood
floors, a house with character, a suitable place to garden, open kitchen,
secluded from traffic, easy parking, and in reasonable bike-commuter
distance to the Disney studio lot in Burbank, CA.

We've Found Quality Listings -- Focused on These Neighborhoods:
Los Feliz, Silverlake, Atwater Village, Beechwood Canyon, Hollywood Hills,
Burbank, Studio City, Toulca Lake, Glendale --  (And roughly in that order
of preference, however, our intent is that the individual house has to be
great and the neighborhood we're more flexible on, provided its in biking
distance of Burbank)

A Little About Us:
Katrina, 31, born in Helena, Montana
Currently working within Corporate Citizenship at The Walt Disney Company,
Katrina is on the Environmental Policy team  company-wide, working with all
parts of the business: integrating sustainable practices for Disney's theme
parks, feature films, and consumer products. Katrina has been a
long-standing champion of the planet, responsible for "greening" large
events, such as the ESPN Awards, and worked as an eco-consultant to The W
Hotel. On a personal level, Katrina jumps for joy for the simple things:
like a morning bike ride to the local Farmer’s Market, or having a
nurturing afternoon gardening. She's one you want on your team. What's
important to her in a living space is that it be bike-able to work,
nurturing of each house mate's personal achievement, a house-held sense of
community, getting creative in the kitchen, constant learning and she's
likely to be the one to initiate the in-house composting system or
impromptu gardening party. Katrina is also involved in community building
and organizing, you may find her facilitating or behind the scenes of an
event, especially if it has to do with sustainability, certainly a “mover
and a shaker.”

Kip, 39, born in Washington, D.C.
As a Sr. Designer at Disney, Kip leads retail & eCommerce design efforts
for the #1 Virtual World for Kids, ClubPenguin.com. Prior, Kip designed
popular sites for celebrities such as Jay Leno and Miley Cyrus. His clients
include NBC, SONY, DirectTV, GM, Universal, and The Los Angeles Times. This
past year, Kip received the prestigious "Disney Inventor Award" for product
innovation and has a few patent inventions filed in his name. Kip is most
at home in the kitchen, cooking yummy concoctions for friends and family.
Via the mountain bike, yoga mat, or surf board, or through his zen
meditation practice, Kip remains a pretty grounded, all-around good guy.
What's most important to him in a living space is that it works for all,
and that he can bike to work, and is often in the company of great people
who are up to great things. Kip is likely to be the one to inspire a great
living-room-worthy down-tempo dj mix, or a Sushi night or Sunday crepe
brunch with yoga & meditation circle out in the back yard.

What We are Looking For: Our Ideal Home:
Los Angeles is a busy town. So, we are looking for a quality space that's
worthy of the name 'home' -- a shared sanctuary for a 'family' of young
professionals in mutual pursuit of a healthy living. We are responsible,
respectful, clean, non-smoking, and easy going. Ultimately, we're looking
for a great house to take good care of, that is a good fit for all and that
just feels right. We're not so much into partying, but dinner parties and
movie nights and anything that creates a shared sense of community is
surely welcomed. Ideally, this home we create is created by three
equal-parties and we really feel like the right person is out there.

You in?
Submit a 'good-roommate-fit' inquiry w/photo if ya have one & a short bio,
with "Roommate" and your First Name in the subject, and the Top 10
questions filled out to: kipmart at gmail.com

1. Do you Smoke? Drink? How often?
2. Male/Female? Orientation?
3. What do you do for a living and what inspires you about it?
4. Why are you looking to move right now and are you rushed to move?
5. Can you provide proof of income, decent credit, and previous landlord
references? (as the nice houses we are looking at, the owners will require
this of all 3 of us)
6. Do you have any children, health\diet issues, or special living
requirement needs?
7. What's your desired budget for your portion of the rent + shared
utilities? (min - max)
8. What's your preferred neighborhoods & qualities you desire in a shared
home? (listed in order of importance to you)
9. When is the soonest available, last possible, and optimal move-in date
for you?
10. Given what you've read above, tell us why you think you'd be a
good-fit? (feel free to describe any previous housemate experiences that
worked well for you and why they worked well)

Add anything that is not covered here; openness & honesty is up-most
appreciated.

Deal-breakers:
No smokers. No illegal drugs. No pets.

Self-reliant, creative professionals welcomed. Feel free to ask us any
questions. And if it works out, we'll follow up with a meet-up invite to
grab an in-person coffee/tea somewhere.

Thanks,
Kip & Katrina

--
"When minds meet, they don't just exchange facts: they transform, reshape
them, draw different implications from them, engage in new trains of

*♽** Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.*