[Lapg] Fun with Ferments: Homebrew and Fermentation Workshop THIS Saturday at Fais Do-Do

Ty Teissere ty.teissere at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 18:32:02 PDT 2012

Hey LAPG friendlies,
Come play with 2 local ferment fanatics at this Saturday's Homebrew and
Fermentation workshop, 12pm-4pm, at Fais Do-Do.

Much appreciation,
Ty Teissere
ty.teissere at gmail.com
LongBeachPermacultureGuild.com

Fermentation Facebook Event
Page<https://www.facebook.com/events/230121223751940/>

Fermentation Meetup.com Event
Page<http://www.meetup.com/Long-Beach-Permaculture/events/56638632/>

*Fun with Ferments: Homebrew and Fermentation Workshop! Saturday 3/24
12pm-4pm*

Join Ty Teissere and Jason Hunter for an afternoon of learning how to
ferment everything but the kitchen sink, tasting as we play and learn about
these home ferments.

In a world of processed foods, industrialized brews, and skill-less crews,
we humbly present to you: the microbes.

Microscopic organisms predate, well, everything! And as humans, we have
about 10 times as many microbes as human cells, and most live right in our
gut. Cultured (i.e. fermented) foods and drinks are timeless traditions
that bring radical numbers of beneficial microorganisms into our bodies,
with notable health effects. We're here to show you how to get the microbe
party poppin!

In this workshop, we'll demonstrate hands-on how to make kimchi and ginger
brew and taste various fermented foods and hand-made brews. We'll discuss
the history of fermentation and cultured foods, tips on equipment and
storage, and other info on partnering with microorganisms for optimal
health.

We'll be holding the workshop at Cafe/Club Fais Do-Do in LA (405/10
freeways)

We're asking for contributions on a sliding scale: $15-25

$5 discount for the furthest commuter!

We're open to partial and total trades for other goods and services!
Please contact Ty in advance for trading ops.

Ty Teissere has been passionately brewing at home in Long Beach for the
last 2 years, fermenting over 100 gallons of brew in the process.

Jason Hunter ferments, ferments, ferments. Kefir, kombucha, kimchi, kraut.
Thriving on the daily, you might catch him in San Diego swinging Indian
clubs, blending date-er-aid, or rapping to Lee Perry.