[Lapg] Spring Natural Building Workshops

Carrie Campbell wildearthunlimited at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 19:54:44 PDT 2012

Hi Guys and Gaias,
Carolyn and I are at it again with Cob Workshops in April & June.  Please
spread the word to your circles and come if you can. Discounts for groups
and previous workshop participants, especially if you bring friends (email
us for details). The time is now to create community based self-reliance
and reclaim our ability to craft *Home*. Hope to see you there! Flyer is
attached.

*Happy Building,*
Carrie

*Wild Earth Natural Builders    *
  http://wildearthbuilders.com

 *present*

>  *Building with Earth - Cob Workshop<http://wildearthbuilders.com/welcome-to-wild-earth/upcoming-workshops/building-cob-earthen-wall-systems/>
>  *     *April 12th-15th 10-4pm*

* *

> This workshop will focus on sculpting walls for a small earthen structure.
> We’ll cover the basics of cob building including foot and tractor mixing,
> trimming, window and door installation, sculpting niches and shelves, and
> talk about how to incorporate different design features depending on your
> needs. The cob method is deeply green. It utilizes non-toxic, inexpensive,
> extremely local materials  and low-tech, low carbon footprint (*not to
> mention awesome fun*) building processes. Come learn to build with the
> earth beneath your feet. Our workshop is designed to wake up and empower
> the natural builder in you! Tuition: $177
>
> *Introduction to Natural Building: Play in the Mud <goog_2003458942>*  <http://wildearthbuilders.com/welcome-to-wild-earth/upcoming-workshops/play-in-the-mud/>
> April 14th 10-4pm
> Play in the Mud is a fun, hands-on cob building experience. Come and
> playfully join us in an introduction to natural building materials and
> methods. We’ll learn about clay soils, how to create your unique cob recipe
> and mixing and application techniques. Building Experience is NOT a
> Prerequisite. Come see what is possible! tuition: $50
>

> *June Workshops*<http://wildearthbuilders.com/welcome-to-wild-earth/upcoming-workshops/>
> Cob Building Basics <http://wildearthbuilders.com/cobbuildingbasics/>June 10-16 ($450 - early bird $399 by May 10)
> Cob Building Intensive<http://wildearthbuilders.com/welcome-to-wild-earth/upcoming-workshops/intensive/>June10-30 ($1350 -early bird $1199 by May 10)
> Earthen floor June 17 - $50
> Introduction to Natural Wall Plasters June 23-24  ($100 - $75 early bird
> by May 10)
> Other Intros TBA

Location of workshops: Ojai, Ca. (Meiners Oaks)
> Preregistration required go to PAYPAL wildearthunlimited at gmail.com<wilderathunlimited at gmail.com>
> or to website http://wildearthbuilders.com

   Trade opportunities available.

> *Questions wildearthunlimited at gmail.com 541-743-6042*

Please let us know if you want to be removed from this list  -  reply with
unsubscribe in the title

--
Carrie Campbell
541-743-6042

Plant so that your own heart will grow.
Love so God will think, "Ahhhhhh, I got kin in that body! I should start
inviting that soul over for coffee and rolls."
Sing because this is a food our starving world needs.
Laugh because that is the purest sound. ~Hafiz