[Lapg] Moringa seeds

Dennis Pilien dpilien98 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 17 11:59:41 PDT 2012

Hi Ty,
Seeds might be best obtained from good online tropical seed sources. Check this out if you have time: Moringa and a lot of other "Asian" plant seedlings of possible interest to permaculture types are available from two or three Filipino plant vendors Saturday Swap Meet at the southeastern corner parking lot of Nogales High School, 401 Nogales Street, La Puente, CA (626) 906-3437. I have a small moringa tree in my community garden. You are welcome to harvest some leaves to try out if you like.  It was 10 feet tall but I cut it back hard to be able to reach the fruit/seeds and tender leaves better, as it grows fast (up to 30 feet in some places), especially in the hotter weather. Plant it in a protected place with it fully facing the sun. Filipinos use its leaves as a cooked vegetable and sometimes medicinally. You can buy leaves at some Asian produce markets in the summer.
Towards sustainability,
Best,
Dennis Pilien, a half-Filipino brother