[Lapg] Fwd: Heart Beet maintenance gardener posting

Davey davey at thegrowinghome.net
Fri Jun 8 09:44:24 PDT 2012

Job Opportunity: see attachment or plain text version below. Good luck!

Position: Part-Time Maintenance Gardener for organic vegetable gardens with
HEART BEET GARDENING
Start Date: ASAP, please respond ASAP
Job Description:
• Maintain health, beauty and productivity of back yard vegetable gardens
• Work outdoors, with your hands in soil!
• Communicate with home-owners and Heart Beet regularly
• Teach basic pest management, composting, organic gardening, plant life
cycles to homeowners
• 5 garden routes in Los Angeles areas: Santa Monica, Pacific Palisades,
Malibu, Pasadena, Hancock Park and Beverly Hills
• 20-25 unique edible gardens
• 40-50 hours/MONTH with potential to GROW
• each route visited twice monthly, flexible hours
Requirements:
• experience growing organic vegetables (farm or garden). Preference to
experience in Southern California, and growing professionally (rather than
hobby gardener)
• comfort with integrated pest management
• confident in soil building methods
• car or truck that can carry bags of soil, plants, tools
• excellent and prompt communication skills via phone & email
• physically comfortable lifting, carrying, digging, planting

TO APPLY email info at heartbeetgardening.com<mailto:
info at heartbeetgardening.com> or call 310 460 9365. Please send a cover
letter detailing your experience and passion for organic vegetable
gardening or why you are the ideal candidate for this position!
Heart Beet Gardening is a small edible-landscaping company in Los Angeles.
Founded in 2007 by Megan Bomba, Kathleen Redmond and Sara Carnochan the
company designs, builds and maintains organic vegetable gardens. Our goal
has always been to connect Angelenos with their soil, their food and their
city through beautiful and productive edible gardens. We are now looking to
add a maintenance gardener to our crew! See some of our work at our
Facebook page, and at www. Heartbeetgardening.com.   Tweeting
@HeartBeetGarden

Davey
BeeKeeper