[Lapg] anti-GMO initiative in Calif needs your support

Cory Brennan cory8570 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 4 07:40:58 PDT 2012

If California votes to label GMOs this will force other states to do so since food is shipped interstate so willy nilly. This is a very key initiative to support. It could change and improve a lot of things that we feel is important. PLEASE forward this and act on it yourselves. Even if you "don't do politics" (and I understand), this is worth participating in. Scroll to the bottom of the article for simple steps on how to support the initiative.

From a friend:

Dear Friends,

This article contains key information on the dangers of GMOs, how chemical AgriBusiness has corrupted our political process so these products get approval and subsidies, and what YOU can do to keep them out of your diet.

It also gives good info on how you can help to turn this situation around.  The current major action is the ballot initiative in California to require retail foods to be labeled if they contain GMOs.

Another KEY part of the California initiative is that it would not allow a food to be labeled "natural" if it has GMO ingredients.  "Natural" is a big sales pitch word now, as people are looking for more natural food.  Anything with soy or corn or canola oil in it, for example, is more than 50% likely to have GMOs in it!  GMO corn causes your body to continually produce a toxic pesticide in your blood.  Do you really want to do that to yourself?  To your kids?

It IS our right to know!

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/07/03/gmo-foods-false-claims.aspx?e_cid=20120703_DNL_artNew_1