[Lapg] San Pedro Food Forest Hike + Preparedness Gift Circle + Seed/Cutting/Crop Swap

Axiomatech axiomatech at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 21:59:21 PDT 2012

The San Pedro Food Forest (Aka San Pedro
Year Around Garden) is one of the most mature, diverse, and productive
food forests in all of southern California. It's a little known oasis in the concrete jungle and a glimpse into a future where local food isn't
just at the farmers market, it's below our feet, on our feet, at our
knees, waist, shoulders, head, and above. Here we can see the potential
of the 7 layer permaculture food forest design system and experience
deep immersion into edible re-wilding nature.

After a hike around
the site, we'll take a break then reconvene at the picnic table on the
other side of the train tracks conduct a preparedness gift circle where
we can let people know what needs we have that others may able to help
with, and where we can make offerings of things we can share.

For more on gift circles go here: http://wiki.gifteconomy.org/Gift_Circle

If you have surplus first aid supplies, dried food, manuals, survival gear, etc. it would be great to give out those as gifts.

Finally we'll have a seed/cutting/crop swap so we can all leave with new friends to make homes for on our homesteads.

WHAT TO BRING:

sun shade hat
water
healthy snacks
potting soil
light weight pots/re-purposed small containers
your favorite cuttings
your favorite seeds
your favorite starts
jars for aquatic crops
cups or baggies for worms
large containers for free mulch

Noon  to 3pm

San Pedro Food Forest

1400 N. Gaffey St
San Pedro, CA 90731

Park on Gaffey in front of the DMV. Cross the street and go across the
train tracks. Pass the open gate and go up to the right and you'll see a dolphin mural, we'll meet there at noon.