[Lapg] Mark Lakeman & City Repair are haunting HM157 October 25Th****

charon nogues trickypoodle at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 12 08:44:42 PDT 2012

Good day all***

The magical Mark Lakeman & City Repair are coming to HM157 October 25Th !

City Repair is an organized group action that educates and inspires communities and individuals to creatively transform the places where they live. City Repair facilitates artistic and ecologically-oriented placemaking through projects that honor the interconnection of human communities and the natural world. The many projects of City Repair have been accomplished by a mostly volunteer staff and thousands of volunteer citizen activists.
City Repair began in Portland, Oregon with the idea that localization - of culture, of economy, of decision-making - is a necessary foundation of sustainability. By reclaiming urban spaces to create community-oriented places, we plant the seeds for greater neighborhood communication, empower our communities and nurture our local culture.

This year we are completing a fabulous cob couch in front of our landmark Victorian community creative space on the city street median.

Hope to get down & dirty with y'all ! Please forward*****

Love Always,
Charon Nogues & HM157******

RSVP on Facebook ! http://www.facebook.com/events/498472613499148/

Design Charette & Cob Building Workshop

Reclaiming Public Space with a Hands Cob Bench Building Project

http://cityrepair.org/

HM157 3110 N Broadway Ave, LA, CA

Thurs. Oct 25th ~ 10:00am - 4:00pm

Suggested donation $15-$20*

Bring water bottle, hat and, work gloves, sack lunch or potluck to share.

For more info. contact: Meghan at HM157.com

www.hm157.com