[Lapg] The Seed Lady of Watts this Sat at 1 pm at LA Eco-Village plus the Green Festival Nov 17-18 at L.A. Convention Center

Lois Arkin crsp at igc.org
Thu Nov 1 21:35:09 PDT 2012

*

Saturday, November 3, 2012 from 1pm to 2:30 pm at L.A. Eco-VillageDirections  <http://laecovillage.org/wp/home/directions/>

**

Anna Marie Carter aka The Seed Lady of Watts
<http://www.garden.org/subchannels/edibles/veggies?q=show&id=2199>
gives a public talk on

What do we do if Prop 37 doesn't pass: a back-up plan

**

***

*Schedule:*  *     **

1:00 pm Veggie Potluck Lunch (please bring your own non-throwaway eating ware)
1:30 pm Talk starts promptly**

By now, everyone knows that "yes" on Prop 37 means that we want GMO
foods to be labeled. But many big chemical and agri businesses are
putting tons of money into defeating this common sense legislation.
Hopefully, we will be celebrating its passage next week, but what if it
looses? What then? Come here Anna Marie Carter's back-up plan, should
Prop 37 fail at the polls.

About Anna Marie Carter
Anna Marie Carter aka The Seed Lady of Watts is an organic gardening advocate celebrating
her 40th year in Watts, CA.  With the help ofNutiva  <http://nutiva.com/>, Inc. and a lot of good folks, Ms. Carter
built 11,100 gardens in South Central Los Angeles.  She inspired youth around the World to "pick
up a hoe and get down!!!" Creating green jobs in Watts is her dream.

No fee, but donation requested for Anna Marie's advocacy work.

More info:  213/738-1254 orcrsp at igc.org  <mailto:crsp at igc.org>    **

****

**------------------------------------------------
**

*

***Sat & Sun Nov 17 & 18, 2012 at the L.A. Convention Center
1201 So. Figueroa St
Sat:  10am - 7pm      Sun: 11am - 6pm
*

*The Green Festival: 10 years as the Nation's
Premiere Sustainability Event

**

*More info:   http://www.greenfestivals.org/la/updates/*

*

*

Over 120 speakers* - DIY workshops - Kids eco spaces - 100s of exhibitors

See the schedule of events here:http://read.uberflip.com/i/90215

Free admission for:

- Seniors with ID
- Kids
- Students with ID
- Metro users with Tap cards
- Union Members with ID
- Bicyclists with free valet bike parking ticket
- Volunteers welcome:  Go to:http://www.greenfestivals.org/volunteer/*

*From top activist and entertainment celebrities
to your grassroots activists neighbors

The Green Festival is a project of::
Green America (formerly Co-op America)www.greenamerica.org
and
Global Exchangewww.globalexchange.org

*

*L.A.**  Eco-Village is a Green Festival nonprofit ally.   Come visit our booth at the Festival.
***------------------------------------------------*******

Go here for LA Eco-Village tour info:
http://laecovillage.org/Toursoflaev.html **

*

**
**

*More info onL.A.  Eco-Village here:   www.laecovillage.org  <http://www.laecovillage.org/>***

*To be deleted from this list, press return and put <delete> in the subject line.*

*******

* *