[Lapg] Social Forestry Advanced Permaculture Course

Melanie Mindlin sassetta at mind.net
Sat Dec 22 17:07:48 PST 2012

Greetings Permies,

Social Forestry is an Advanced Permaculture Course where we explore reconnecting with forests through ecological knowledge, the use of hand tools and woodscrafts, seasonal festivals and work cycles and learn ecological assessment, restoration forestry and the crafts and products that can be enjoyed while we are re-establishing our heart space and wonder in the woods.  This course is offered in mid-winter because it is the best time to do forestry work such as burning and coppicing.  The course is being held Monday-Saturday, January 21-26, 2013 at Wolf Gulch Farm in the Little Applegate.

The Social Forestry course is limited to 12 students and we thought it was sold out, but several participants have changed plans and we now need some additional students to run the course.  Early registration ends on December 28th, and we will honor early pricing for those whose payment is in the mail by that date and have registered with us by phone or e-mail.

Check further information on our website at siskiyoupermaculture.com or contact us by phone or e-mail at this address.  541-482-7909

We also still have places in the weekend Permaculture Design Course starting January 12th at Jackson Wellsprings in Ashland.  Our current course information is attached below.

We look forward to connecting with you at one of our events in 2013.
Melanie Mindlin
541-482-7909
Siskiyou Permaculture
--------------------------------------

Weekend Permaculture Design Course - NEW DATES
Taking the Long View
Winter 2013
Jackson Wellsprings, Ashland, Oregon

The winter Permaculture Design Course with Tom Ward and Siskiyou Permaculture has been rescheduled, and will now start on January 12th.  We're definitely giving the course, but are hoping to include a few more students with our new schedule.  We would greatly appreciate any help you can provide in passing the word to your friends and associates.

This PDC is held over 6 weekends on the dates below.  How do we become indigenous to the place that we live?  How can we build a persistent and resilient local culture that celebrates life?  The PDC presents an array of solutions, tools and strategies for moving into a low carbon way of living sustainably on the only planet we have.

Participants learn to apply regenerative permaculture principles and patterns to design an integrated homestead, energy and water systems, forestry and healthy communities.  You will gather practical skills and learn about whole systems design for living in ecological balance with the earth.

This is the primary permaculture course offered around the world with lots of local knowledge and applications.  Lead instructor is Tom Ward with co-teachers Melanie Mindlin and Karen Taylor.  We're excited to be holding the course this year at Jackson Wellsprings where we will enjoy their large, comfortable classroom and variety of projects and design opportunities.

DATES: January 12-13, February 2-3, February 16-17, March 2-3, March 23-24, April 6-7
Course Price $650
For more information or registration, contact sassetta at mind.net, 541-482-7909
Visit us on the web at siskiyoupermaculture.com

Social Forestry; Advanced Permaculture Course with Tom Ward
6 day course at Wolf Gulch in Southern Oregon
Social Forestry connects villages and communities to their forested water catchment basin.  Here in a developed industrial empire, the forests are lonely.  We have lost our sense of living with forests as friends.  This course will explore reconnecting with forests through ecological knowledge, the use of hand tools and woodscrafts, seasonal festivals and work cycles, childrens' stories, pilgrimages and stewardship covenants.  You will learn ecological assessment, carbon sequestration, restoration forestry and the crafts and products that can be enjoyed while re-estabilshing our heart space and wonder in the woods.

DATES:  Monday-Saturday, January 21-26, 2013
Course Price $550
Early registration by December 28 $460
Fore more information or registration, contact sassetta at mind.net, 541-482-7909

Introduction to Permaculture/Design Charette
Look for us in Surprise Valley on the Oregon/California/Nevada border April 13-14th with a workshop offering designed for the local community.

Optical Surveying
Projected date is first week in August 2013.  More information TBA.
This will be a 6 day residential course.  For more information on our popular Optical Surveying Course, visit http://siskiyoupermaculture.com.