[Lapg] THIS FRIDAY $5 Rainwater Harvesting Presentation, and Community Potluck

Carter Bo Wallace carterbwallace at gmail.com
Thu May 30 12:55:36 PDT 2013

Hello Permies!

It is my great joy to invite you all out to the Kickoff Potluck for the
Institute of Urban Ecology's JUNE
BLOOM<http://www.instituteofurbanecology.org/june-bloom/> Festival,
this FRIDAY MAY 31st.  The potluck will be at Harambee Ministries, which is
a absolutely perfect setting to talk about community development through
water wisdom!  Our featured speaker will be Altadena garden hero Leigh
Adams, who will treat us to a rainwater harvesting education not to be
missed.  Please bring you and yours to this wonderful community event, and
be a part of the dialogue of real positive transformation of our
communities.

The cost of the potluck is only $5 when you pre-register at our website,
www.instiuteofurbanecology.org.  The advanced had count helps us prepare,
so please do sign up in advance.

The JUNE BLOOM festival will feature weekly workshops and screenings on all
our favorite topics, including lawn makeovers, backyard chickens, making
biodiesel, beekeeping, advanced composting, and much more.  Please find the
flyer for both the potluck and the workshop series attached, or visit our
website.

If you have questions, please write me at carterbwallace at gmail.com

Lastly, thank you, Permies, for already anchoring the change we all love to
see.

Growing Together-

Carter

--
Carter Wallace
Co-Founder, The Institute of Urban

"There is one, and only one, solution, and we have almost no time to try
it. We must turn all our resources to repairing the natural world, and
train all our young people to help. They want to. We need to give them this
last chance to create forests, soils, clean waters, clean energies, secure
communities, stable regions, and to know how to do it from hands-on
experience."
"...the greatest change we need to make is from consumption to production,
even if on a small scale, in our own gardens. If only 10% of us do this,
there is enough for everyone. Hence the futility of revolutionaries who
have no gardens, who depend on the very system they attack, and who produce
words and bullets, not food and shelter."
- Bill Mollison