[Lapg] The We Can Urban Farm Netwrok Garden Party Sat June 22 @ 9 am

Camille Cimino camillecimino at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 11:45:25 PDT 2013

   - The We Can Foundation 644 W. 60th St. LA, CA 90044
   -

   We will be putting in french drains, installing drip irrigation, and
   planting fruit trees and drought tolerant perennials in 3 parkway medians
   for THE WE CAN Urban Farm Network.

   The We Can Foundation
   644 W. 60th St.
   LA, CA 90044

   This Sat. June 22 starting at 9 am

   Facebook invite:

   https://www.facebook.com/events/155768007936931/

   Contact Camille Cimino:
   camillecimino at gmail.com

   WE CAN Urban Farm Network Programs

   In 2009, The WE CAN Community Institute introduced its Urban Farm
   Network programs, designed to help provide access to low-cost, healthy,
   fresh produce in inner-city urban areas and to promote the principles of
   sustainable agriculture and sustainable living in all areas of life.
   Through the Urban Farm Network, WE CAN works to strengthen inner-city
   communities by providing the Information, Resources and Distribution
   channels necessary to develop and maintain local food micro-economies. We
   endorse practices for improved urban land use, including:
   • Building backyard edible forests;
   • Conducting lawn conversions;
   • Installing drip irrigation, water conservation, and grey water systems.

   We sponsor workshops and projects to promote health and nutrition
   awareness, especially among the youth, and to foster individual education,
   empowerment, and community-building through application of Permaculture
   principles of sustainability.

   http://www.wecan-foundation.org/

   In partnership with:

   Root Down <https://www.facebook.com/RootDownLA?directed_target_id=0> LA