[Lapg] Free Webinar: Empowerment Through Collaboration

Living Mandala livingmandala at livingmandala.com
Tue Jun 18 12:42:47 PDT 2013

Dear Friends,

Have you experienced challenges working in collaborative groups and teams… even when you all have the best intentions?

When we seek to transform ourselves and our world, the groups we form and the communities they generate can be places of deep support, nurturing, and empowerment... but they often face unique challenges as well. So often we come together full of enthusiasm, only to founder on the rocks of conflict and poor communication.

Join us for a Free Webinar on Empowerment Through Collaboration: How to Create Transformation Community with Starhawk on Friday June 21, 5:00 - 6:30 pm PST; 8:00 - 9:30 EST.

Drawing on insights from her latest book, The Empowerment Manual: A Guide for Collaborative Groups, we will discuss ways of how we learn to work together more skillfully and become even more effective agents of change.

Learn how to make your participation in groups, in all of its aspects, an expression of your highest ideals.

Space is limited, so please register and arrive early to hold your spot.

To Register and Reserve a Space Click Here.

______________________

Want to go deeper?

Join us for a 6 Part On-line Course with Starhawk and Special Guests!

Empowerment Through Collaboration:
How to Create Transformation Community

6 Part On-line Course Hosted by Starhawk

Special Guests Include: Joanna Macy, Pandora Thomas, and Diana Leafe Christian

6 Sessions, Tuesdays, July 2 - Aug 6, 2013
5:00 p.m. San Francisco • 8:00 p.m. New York

For More Information Click Here

On-Line Course Description:

In this live, interactive video course, Starhawk will share tools for clear communication, conflict transformation, constructive critique, and facilitating group decision-making. You will examine how a group’s vision and structure can support healthful functioning. The Empowerment Manual will be the course's foundation. Insights from both permaculture and earth-based spirituality will help us learn to be more effective and joyful as we work together to regenerate ourselves and our world.

Starhawk has invited 3 experts with deep experience in community building to take part in the conversation: Joanna Macy, Pandora Thomas, and Diana Leafe Christian.

This 6-session course takes place on consecutive Tuesdays starting July 2. You will be part of the discussion, able to ask your questions on camera, just like a Skype call. If you can watch a YouTube video, you can take part in this course.

Who This Course Is For:
Leaders and participants in any activist group, including Evolver Spores, permaculture groups, spiritual circles, Occupy groups, Transitions Towns, and intentional communities
Anyone who wants to improve their communication and relationship skills
Meeting planners and facilitators
Anyone working in non-profits or social change organizations
Managers of alternative and green businesses
Anyone who works with others in community. Creating healthy community is essential for any visionary enterprise.
This is a rare opportunity for you to take part in an in-depth training that goes to the heart of visionary community making with some of the leading experts in the field.

For More Information on the On-Line Course Click Here

About Starhawk:

Starhawk is a committed global justice activist, organizer, speaker, teacher, and the author or coauthor of 12 books. Starhawk travels internationally teaching permaculture, magic, the tools of ritual, and the skills of activism for diverse groups, communities and audiences.

Starhawk is perhaps best known as an articulate voice in the revival of earth-based spirituality and Goddess religion. Besides her inspiring, much-read books, she is a cofounder of Reclaiming, an activist branch of modern Pagan religion, and continues to work closely with the Reclaiming community. Her works include The Spiral Dance, long considered the essential text for the Neo-Pagan movement; the now-classic ecotopian novel, The Fifth Sacred Thing; and the award-winning Webs of Power: Notes from the Global Uprising.

Starhawk's latest book is The Empowerment Manual - A Guide for Collaborative Groups on power, process and group dynamics. Starhawk's books have been translated into many languages, while her essays are reprinted across the world, and have been included in numerous anthologies. Her writing is influential and has been quoted by many hundreds of other authors, from magazines to trade and academic press. Her books are often used in college curriculums. She is currently working with Yerba Buena Films on a feature production of her novel, The Fifth Sacred Thing. http://fifthsacredthing.com/.

Living Mandala
Organizing Education, Events & Initiatives for Personal & Planetary Transformation
www.LivingMandala.com
Find Living Mandala on Facebook!