[Lapg] Quail Springs Harvest Benefit, Sept 21st and 22nd, all ages family friendly events

Quail Springs Permaculture info at quailsprings.org
Mon Aug 26 17:57:48 PDT 2013

QUAIL SPRINGS HARVEST BENEFIT

Events on Saturday & Sunday, September 21st & 22nd
All Ages Family Friendly Events!

Saturday, September 21st, 10am-3pm

Farm Tour & Lunch

Visit Quail Springs Permaculture Farm and learn about growing food in
the high desert, tending a variety of wonderful food-giving animals,
creating shelter, and stewarding agricultural lands and wilderness.
Enjoy a delicious homegrown lunch prepared in our earthen ovens, and
check out our new Quail Springs store! We close the tour with a
discussion and ideas for nurturing community and incorporating
sustainable practices into your daily life, be you urban, rural, or
beyond!

Saturday, September 21st to Sunday, September 22nd

10am Saturday Arrival to 10am Sunday Departure

	• Farm Tour & Lunch
	• Earthen Oven Dinner & Campfire Stories
	• Overnight Camping
	• Breakfast
	• Optional Hands-on special breakout sessions
Want to stay overnight? Take the farm tour and then stay for an
evening of food, music and fireside stories.

See above, and continue with an afternoon goat walk and accompanying
wilderness and native plant talk for kids and adults. For dinner we
make the tastiest earthen oven pizza you’ve ever had, tell spooky (and
not so spooky) campfire stories and play wonderful music, 8'oclock
breakfast the following day (see early morning break-out options),
break camp and depart at 10am.

Early Morning Hands On Special Breakout Sessions
(6 - 7:45AM Sunday morning)

Introduction to milking: Learn the basics of milking from our beloved
goats Fava, Fennel, Gemstone, Greta, and Honey, and get some great
mentoring from our awesome farm team in animal husbandry and small
scale dairy management.

Introduction to Butchering: We feel that it is a powerful act to be in
an honoring relationship with the food giving animals that sustain us,
and the process that we use to bring them to the table. Learn the
basics of butchering from our experienced farm managers and bring
awareness and respectful ceremony into this often invisible and
questionable aspect of food production.

There are a limited number of spaces for these break-out sessions, and
they will run only if we fill the session. Please inquire and book
this early. We are limiting these sessions to 3-4 people for milking,
5 people for hands-on butchering and 5 more ½ price spaces ($10/
person) with the butchering session for observation and instruction -
first come, first serve sign up for these sessions.

REGISTRATION

SATURDAY TOUR & LUNCH
($40/person, $70/couple - kids 12 and under no charge)

SATURDAY TOUR & LUNCH, DINNER, OVERNIGHT STAY, BREAKFAST
( $145/person, and $210/couples - Kids 12 and under $20 each)

SUNDAY EARLY MORNING BREAK-OUT OPTIONS
($20/per person per session)

Payment methods
please write in the description/memo "Harvest Event, Name of the Head
of Your Party"

1) Online with debit/credit card or paypal at www.quailsprings.org/payments

2) Check made out to "Quail Springs Permaculture" and mailed to Quail
Springs, 35070 Highway 33, Maricopa, CA 93252

Contact Lindsay Allen, lindsay at quailsprings.org for details and
registration.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to sharing these
special events with you!