[Lapg] Cross Pollinate - Women's Leadership & Networking Event this Sun. Sept. 8

Camille Cimino camillecimino at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 12:48:48 PDT 2013

Bzzz...spread the word...

Cross Pollinate is an opportunity for Los Angeles women and friends to
connect with one another in a supportive environment to share ideas,
resources, and projects.

We have another inspiring event SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 8, 2013, with women’s only
networking event from 1-4:30PM, then dinner party social open to women &
men with live music from 5-8PM. We hope you can come share your vibe and
make valuable, empowered connections!

Cafe Club Fais Do Do 5253 W. Adams Blvd, Los Angeles, 90016 (323) 931-4636
http://www.yelp.com/biz/cafe-club-fais-do-do-los-angeles

GET TICKETS:* http://bit.ly/crosspollinate9813*

RSVP to our Sunday September 8 event on Facebook: *http://**
bit.ly/CrossPollinate* <http://bit.ly/CrossPollinate>

Join our Facebook Group:
*http://bit.ly/crosspollinategroup*<http://bit.ly/crosspollinategroup>

*Looking forward to sharing space, time, ideas, resources, and energy with
you on Sun Sep 8th in LA!  Tickets will be $50 at the door for the women's
only networking portion at 1PM and $10 for the mixed music/dinner social at
5PM- so please be sure to register in advance of the event!
* <http://bit.ly/crosspollinategroup>

*_________________________________________________*<http://bit.ly/crosspollinategroup>

 <http://bit.ly/crosspollinategroup>
Networking – Affinity Group Leaders

*Erica Wohldmann – Sustainable Food Systems: From Harvesting to Selling *Erica
Wohldmann received a joint Ph.D. in Cognitive Psychology and Cognitive
Science from the University of Colorado, Boulder, and works as a Professor
at California State University, Northridge. She has been teaching classes
and community-based workshops for nearly 10 years. As a food activist,
Erica has worked to develop and create sustainable food systems in Los
Angeles. She has helped to build several food gardens, has worked with
policy makers in Los Angeles and other parts of California, and is the
founder of the Venice Harvest Xchange—a community-based food bazaar and
underground farmers market. Erica will soon launch a new website that
provides a venue for Cottage Food Producers and small food businesses to
sell their homemade and commercially approved foods online. Erica has also
been gardening and wild foraging for more than a decade, and recently
returned from a 6-month voyage through 16 states during which time she wild
foraged or traded wild foraged foods for all of the food that she consumed.
She just completed a book about that journey, which is infused with
concepts of Ecopsychology and Sociology, describing alternatives to
large-scale industrial agriculture. Erica leads food and medicine walks in
Los Angeles, and teaches herbal and medicinal beer-brewing and other
primitive food preparation techniques to the community and at gatherings.
Erica’s Cottage Food website:  http://www.homemade1616.com/ her blog:
http://simplyurban-erica.blogspot.com/<http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fsimplyurban-erica.blogspot.com%2F&h=IAQHS3xxpAQGvFh1ZOj9wk6H8mcaDQkVd7YYEwxkLw-S16A&s=1>

*Anna Cummins – Women’s Leadership – Challenges, Successes & Support  *Do
you, or have you ever dreamed of running your own project, organization,
managing a team, or leading a movement for the greater good? Leadership is
an art form, one we can all improve upon. Come share your stories,
feedback, and lets learn from one another!
Anna Cummins has over 15 years of experience in environmental non-profit
work, education, writing, and campaign development. She has worked in
marine conservation, coastal watershed management, sustainability
education, and high school ecology instruction. Anna received her
undergraduate in History from Stanford University, and her Masters in
International Environmental Policy from the Monterey Institute for
International Studies. In 2001, Anna received a fellowship from the
Sustainable Communities Leadership Program, to work with Santa Cruz based
non-profit Save Our Shores, coordinating bilingual outreach education and
community relations. In 2007 Anna joined the Algalita Marine Research
Foundation as education adviser, conducting school outreach and giving
public presentations on plastic marine pollution. In 2008, Anna completed a
month long, 4,000-mile research expedition studying plastic debris in the
North Pacific Gyre, during which her now husband Dr. Marcus Eriksen
proposed. The two married during a 2,000 mile cycling/speaking tour from
Vancouver to Mexico, giving talks about plastic pollution. In 2009, Anna
and Marcus co-founded The 5 Gyres Institute, to eliminate plastic pollution
in the world’s oceans through research, education, and community
engagement. The 5 Gyres Institute completed the first global survey on
plastic pollution in 2011, and published the first scientific paper on the
South Pacific Garbage Patch in 2013. Anna was elected a fellow of the Wings
World Quest in 2011, and received a Golden Goody Award in 2013. Check out
her non-profit:
http://5gyres.org/<http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2F5gyres.org%2F&h=NAQFn38dfAQHeqjfJLJ6yQgw6L_KJqtUvXCl7jvvqxX78rQ&s=1>
*
*

*Andrea Adler, The Metaphysical Marketer <http://www.holisticpr.com>- The
Power of The Word  *We take our speech and our written words for granted.
However, when we begin to focus on the words we say and the words we write,
we may realize that we unknowingly create exclusivity, instead inclusivity
– without being aware of it.  In this session, you will hear stories of how
people have lost and won millions of dollars by being conscious of the
words they use – in their work and in their lives.  Andrea Adler is a
Broadway and TV actress, Founder of Holistic PR and author of PR for the
Holistic Healer, Creating an Abundant Practice, The Science of Spiritual
Marketing, and her breakout novel, Pushing Upward, published by Hay House.
www.holisticpr.com<http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.holisticpr.com&h=vAQHvHh3SAQHtRSHAg5236kP4-iue6YYBPzrn3RlTapFL3g&s=1>
www.pushingupward.com

*Lara Catone – Reclaiming Feminine Sexual Power  * Women are the creative
vessels of the universe. When our sensuality and sexuality are repressed we
are denied the full expression of our gifts. Let’s explore where we have
been wounded or cut off from our uniquely feminine expression and the
infinite creative power available to us when we align with embodied
sexuality. * *Lara Catone is a yoga teacher and somatic sexologist with
extensive experience in women’s health. Her mission is to empower radiant
health and pleasure through revolutionary education. Lara has dedicated the
past 10 years to studies in the healing arts, including certifications as
Sexological Bodyworker, birth doula and AcroYoga teacher. In 2011 she began
development of the Restore Your Core program a revolutionary approach to
changes in the abdomen and pelvic floor during pregnancy and postpartum
including pelvic pain and dysfunction. Lara trains fitness, birth and
medical professionals in her progressive approach to core health.  Lara has
a thriving private practice in Venice, CA and teaches workshops and
retreats worldwide. Lara is an active blogger and has been featured as an
expert in the media. She is the creator of Sexual Wellness TV, a web series
about enlightened sexuality and health and author of the e-book, 31 Ways to
Keep It Hot. Follow Lara on Twitter: @LaraCatone, Facebook: Lara Catone
Yoga & Sexual Wellness and visit http://laracatone.com/ for sexy musings
and educational media.*
*

*Jennie Cook – Speaking From the Heart: Voicing Our Passion  *Our thoughts
become actions and our words become reality.  Let’s raise our voices and
define our destinies. By identifying and declaring our passion to the
universe we get closer to our true path. Create it!  www.jenniecooks.com

*Mona Holmes, Social Media Mona <http://www.facebook.com/socialmediamona> –
Power of Social Media & How To Build Online Community *During the social
media ‘dark ages,’ before Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIN, Pinterest, Instagram
or Tumblr, the music-friendly MySpace was king.  This was perfect while
Mona launched an online community of female DJs, vocalists and producers in
2002. With her business partner, they devoted all of their spare hours to
create Shejay, an influential worldwide network, online magazine (with user
generated content) and a booking agency. They didn’t realize it at the
time, but they created a social network before the moniker ever existed.
The ladies spent many a late night editing content, coding HTML, finding
audiences and building a solid email list. They miss those days, because
every success was built by our hard work, innovations and word of mouth.
After moving towards food blogging in 2008, it became essential that we
learn everything about marketing our new businesses in the newer digital
age. After gathering a steady following, she was asked to do the same for
another company. Then another. So another business was born: Social Media
Mona <http://facebook.com/socialmediamona>.

*Elizabeth Bachner, Gracefull Birthing <http://www.gracefullbirthing.com> -
Midwifery Support & Conscious Choices in Childbirth*

*Autumn Rooney & Janine Christiano, CA Time Banks – Time Banking, Families
& Childcare: It Takes A Village * ***Autumn Rooney* is a Los Angeles based
activist and community builder. She is co-founder of the Echo Park Time
Bank formed in March of 2008 and co-director of the Arroyo Sustainable
Economies Community Organization. She is also developing the California
Federation of Time Banks, a regional information hub and network for Time
Banks in California. Autumn’s background includes, coordinating a recurring
community-funded micro-grant for emerging artists called, “Artist Bailout”,
a grassroots model for funding small creative projects through public
meals. She has also organized several Time Bank projects such as, classes
on conflict resolution for kids, a community revolving loan fund and local
food swaps. Autumn is dedicated to developing community assets in order to
build a healthier, safer and more sustainable city.  asntb.com
<http://asntb.com>
*Janine Christiano* is the founder of the Arroyo Time Bank and co-director
of the Arroyo Sustainable Economies Community Organization. Through the
Arroyo Time Bank she helped launch the Altadena Urban Farmer’s Market to
promote a local and sustainable food economy. She is also developing the
California Federation of Time Banks, a regional information hub and network
for Time Banks in California. Janine is also Program Coordinator at the
Armory Center for the Arts and is a proud resident of Pasadena where she
lives with her husband and new baby daughter Paloma.

Janine and Autumn will facilitate a discussion about the joys and
challenges of raising children in Los Angeles and how to rebuild the
village. Brainstorm ways to develop a network of support for parents by
tapping into the resources of the Time Bank.  cafederationoftimebanks.com**

*Laurie Kaufman, Reclaiming Los Angeles <http://www.reclaimingla.org> –
Hands-On Vision Boards Workshop *Laurie Lovekraft is a 25-year ritualist
and performer who has studied Wicca, Feri, Thelema, Herbalism, and Tibetan
Buddhism. She co-founded Reclaiming LA (Southern California’s Reclaiming
Collective) and serves as a teacher in that tradition. Laurie’s writings
have appeared in Green Egg, Widdershins, and PanGaia Magazine as well as *Bitch
Goddess: The Spiritual Path of the Dominant Woman*. She was featured in the
book, *Modern Pagans* (RE/Search Publications) and is a graduate of the
Berkeley Psychic Institute’s Women’s Clairvoyant program. A long-time
environmentalist, Laurie was an anti-nukes protestor in the ’80s and worked
to save Headwaters Forest and the South Central Farm. She continues to
support environmental, labor, and social justice causes and is raising her
children in the Goddess tradition.  http://reclaimingla.org

*Mega*n* Hanson – Youth Leadership & Civic Engagement  *Once an advertising
and marketing executive in New York City, Megan now works as a renegade
nutrition educator, cutting through the clutter of confusing nutrition
information and mowing down what she terms “Entrenched Veggie Aversions” to
get people reconnected to real food. Though she gained invaluable
experience toiling for corporations and clients, such as Quaker Oats,
Procter & Gamble and TIME Magazine, she knew in her gut she had something
to gain outside the corporate structure, so (with TIME’s blessing, and a
10” chef’s knife gifted to her by the head of Marketing) she ran away to
sea to cook on sailboats. When on land, Megan completed Masters work in
documentary photo studies at the Salt Institute, and earned a certification
in Holistic Nutrition Education from Bauman College – all the while,
building her business as a photographer, private chef, and nutrition
educator. For nine years, she has been facilitating nutrition, cooking and
food systems educational experiences for jail inmates and inner city youth
in San Francisco and South Central LA.  *She is a co-founder and Executive
Director of ROOT DOWN LA*, which is a non-profit venture she co-founded in
2008, training youth in South Los Angeles to build demand for (and now
create supplies of) healthy food in their communities.
http://rootdownla.org/

*Clare Fox – Food Justice TBA*

*Lisa Cianci – Urban Homesteading & Permaculture *Lisa Cianci was born in
New York City to parents of Irish, Italian, Puerto Rican, French and Indian
Descent. She considers herself a “Mutt” the definition of a true
“American”. At the… peak of her career while working for Gensler, the
world’s largest architectural and interior design firm for 13 years Lisa
appeared to be living the ultimate “American Dream”. She traveled all over
the Country and world, as she designed shell and cores and interiors for
Rolls Royce’s', corporate jets, private airplanes & hangers, multi-million
dollar corporate campus’ and headquarters’ Practicing domestically as well
as internationally for such prestigious clients as Rand, Nikken, Warner
Bros. and Herbalife.By the age 38, Lisa had been traveling for close to 10
years. She made more money than she had ever dreamed of. However, she
worked 7 days a week 80 hours a week for more than a decade. Basically, she
was living a “man’s life”. Denying her feminine power. She needed to
reconnect with Mother Earth, her Husband, her Son and the Spirit of God.
Her Authentic Self.  The Woman, Daughter, Sister, Friend, Wife, Mother, and
Spiritual Being who withering away. Like a flower longing for sunlight,
thirsting for water, she felt suffocated and although she had everything
she wanted, she had nothing of true significance that she needed. Lisa’s
wake-up call came when she discovered a lump in her breast, at the exact
same age as her mother when she experienced her first malignant breast
cancer when Lisa was 13.  Now, for the past 13 years Lisa has been hosting
healing retreats, educational programs, and community and private events on
her ranch in Topanga Canyon. CA. The land was originally one of the first
farms in the area but has been out of production for several decades. Lisa
has been working hard to restore the site’s buildings and infrastructure.
In January she began partnering with the Gaian Mind Institute to bring the
land back into production using permaculture design methods. Her mission is
closely aligned with that of the Gaian Mind Institute regarding the need to
create self-sufficient and sustainable sacred space for healing and
re-connection to the feminine energy of the Earth.***
*

*Marcia Lopez – Womb Wisdom For Peace**  *The fruit of knowledge lies in
the center of woman, for within her is the center of the universe – the
womb, the matrix of life, blood, and body. Woman and Womb – Holder and
Creatrix. The health of the woman is the health of the tribe, for all her
fruit is blessed. Ancient Wisdom is that the Womb is the Cosmic Portal into
this 3rd dimensional world of Earth. The Womb is our first physical home in
which spirit and matter become one. Our first stopping point to beginning
our life journey. Based on this truth one can assume that utmost care has
been taken to ensure the health of all wombs and of all women. The health
of the womb is the health of the tribe.Can we make a Universal Model of
Peace from the correlation of Womb Health and Humanitarian Health? Marcia
Lopez is a Womb Healer, Massage Therapist, Yoga Instructor, Somatic Sex
Educator, and a modern day Urban Curandera.  She is a Mayan Abdominal
Healer through the Arvigo Institute and a Pompamesayoq of the Quechua
Shamanic Lineage of Peru under Rev. Esther Jenkins. She holds Yogic study
of mantra and meditation under Atma Degeyndt, Kundalini Tantra under Psalm
Isadora, and asana and sutras under the American School of Yoga. Marcia has
specialized in women’s health and healing for most of her practice working
with high risk pregnancies, labor preparation, post-partum care, and
helping men and women heal from reproductive dysfunction. She facilitates
women’s circles and has given lectures on Conscious Sexuality.  She has
shared her knowledge at festivals and universities and has worked with an
extensive list of clientele from all walks of life and backgrounds.  For
more information and to contact Marcia for healing, workshops, or speaking
engagements please visit  www.truehealingbodywork.com In La’ kech
Music / Dinner / Social

Divine music & fantastic food will be delivered in the evening social, with
a chance for even more networking *open to both men & women from* *5PM
until 8PM.*

All who attend the workshop receive entrance into the evening portion.
However, if you would like to come for music & socializing, but not the
networking portion, those tickets are available for $10 via our ticket
page. The evening will feature the sublime musical talents of Shawni, Ben
Gould, Amy Clarke, Courtney Freed, & Steven Wynbrandt, with guest artists
sprinkled throughout.

[image: 945816_10200893203665368_190757049_n]<http://crosspollinateblog.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/945816_10200893203665368_190757049_n.jpg>
**

*Shawni *has just recently released her first solo album “Only Here”.

Her voice is often described as ‘Velvet’ and the sweetness in it will touch
your soul easily.

Shawni’s music is the bridge and the essence of her Soul, through which she
explores her deepest Truth.

*http://shawnimusic.com  <http://www.shawnimusic.com> *

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ShawniMusic Twitter:
https://twitter.com/shawnimusic Instagram:
http://instagram.comshawnimusic#<http://instagram.com/shawnimusic#>
  Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nsaGwkQDec

*Ben Gould (w/Britta Gudmunson)  [image:
20130621_164953]<http://crosspollinateblog.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/20130621_164953.jpg>
 *Instagram: ficusboy

*[image: AmyFaisDoDo6-3-13]<http://crosspollinateblog.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/amyfaisdodo6-3-13.jpg>
*

*Amy Clarke, Gaia Grove <http://www.gaiagrove.org> & Guests ~ Swan Ryder,
Brittany Rose, Ben Gould & Charles-Herman-Wurmfeld ~ more TBA  *Soulful
songstress Amy Clarke crafts eclectic music with lyrical depth & planetary
consciousness. An award-winning songwriter who mixes classical training
with global rhythms, she is a dynamic stage presence – from solo voice,
grand piano, & percussion, to jamming with guest artists, or experimenting
on her synth keyboard. She has toured around the country from the House of
Blues, SXSW, Viper Room, The White House & The Bitter End to Burning Man &
The Alchemy Conference & shared stages with diverse & inspirational artists
such as Starhawk, Poe, Occupy Love, Amrita Sen, Brothers’ Brothers,
 Miranda Rondeau, Dave Greene (Joe Walsh, Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers),
Stonefeather, Temple of Visions & Sacred Spaces Village at Burning Man
2010. Amy played an impromptu set at Lilith 2010 & was appointed Social
Media Ambassador by Terry McBride of Nettwerk for the penultimate Lilith
show in her hometown Washington, DC, interviewing Sarah McLachlan, the
Indigo Girls, Butterfly Boucher, Courtyard Hounds, Lissie & more backstage.
She is finishing her full-length album project  in Silver Lake, CA for a
2013 release.  * “Beautiful, magical, original” – Mary Ishimoto Morris, The
Washington Post *

FB: https://www.facebook.com/AmyClarkeMusic Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/amyclarke  ReverbNation:
http://www.reverbnation.com/amyclarke<http://www.reverbnation.com/courtneyfreedmusic>
 YouTube: http://www.yotube.com/scorpfaery<http://www.youtube.com/scorpfaery>

*Gaia Grove* <http://www.gaiagrove.org> Founded by Amy Clarke, after
countless underground events in Washington, DC, then moving humble roots
from a Williamsburg, Brooklyn backyard to its current Silver Lake center
(located in Los Angeles, CA), Gaia Grove is a living web dedicated to
helping heal the earth, living in greater harmony with nature, and
educating on sustainability, balance, equality, and justice for all. Gaia
Grove produces events advancing the ideas, practice, and development of
socially responsible artistry and living. Gaia Grove’s members include
artists, musicians, DJs, entrepreneurs, photographers, writers,
directors, shamans, gardeners, activists, dancers, farmers, visionaries,
teachers, poets, healers, dreamers & more.  Gaia Grove is vibrant, evolving
and ripe with possibility.

*[image: 1149655_694167171827_880627655_o]<http://crosspollinateblog.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/1149655_694167171827_880627655_o.jpg>Courtney
Freed *Strong, passionate, vivacious and daring, Courtney Freed is a
dynamic vocalist in a class all her own. She committed to sharing her
talents with the world through song and story. *
http://www.courtneyfreed.com  *Facebook Page: Courtney Freed Music
Twitter: @courtneyfreed    Instagram: courtneyjoyfreed
http://www.reverbnation.com/courtneyfreedmusic

*Steven Wynbrandt ~ coming soon *Steven Wynbrandt BioDynamic Farm ~
http://www.flickr.com/photos/swynbrandt/sets/72157629733978418/

*Sparky the Dragon Oven* ~ Dinner for sale on site by Ray Cirino & His
Dragon Oven, Sparky!
<http://www.theinnovationdiaries.com/2177/dragon-oven-helps-fire-up-local-food-movement/>
Live art, crafts & vending as well ~

[image: sparkey-the-dragon-oven]<http://crosspollinateblog.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/sparkey-the-dragon-oven.jpg>