[Los Angeles, CA Permaculture] Sustainable Landscape Construction Techniques Workshop

Seth Schmidt schmidtseth at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 13:35:35 PDT 2014

Hi All,

We are hosting a series of workshops with Larry Santoyo renowned
Permaculture designer and teacher. He is passionate about edible
landscapes, and has an all-encompassing approach to his work in land-use
consulting, design and installation. His work can be seen all over
California, and his influence as a teacher has touched the lives of many.
Check out his Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/EarthFlow...<https://www.facebook.com/pages/EarthFlow-Design-Works/103035754445>

Our first workshop will be April 19th from 9am to 4pm. We will be focusing
on Sustainable Landscape Construction Techniques.

This workshop will touch on...

-Rain water harvesting via earthworks and swale systems
-Terracing techniques and installation
-Site plan development
-Balancing landscape for layers of privacy and community interaction
-Designing the landscape for safe children play
-Making use of landscape to grow edible food for house and community
-Q&A time to brainstorm about your own projects

Our goals:

-To get to know our neighbors
-To provide a fun and informative learning environment for the community to
learn and implement a sustainable landscape.
-To terrace our front yard and lay the foundation for an edible landscape
-To strengthen, beautify, and reinforce the values of living together in
community

The cost for this workshop is $25. Kids are welcome and free. Please note
that there will be some medium to heavy lifting in this workshop, but there
will also be light duty jobs that all can participate in. Please bring
wheelbarrow's, shovels, work gloves, and a good attitude :)

There might be work trade options instead of paying the $25.00

The will be light refreshments, but please bring your own sack lunch.

Please RSVP. We look forward to seeing you all at that point I will provide
directions and contact information.

Thanks,

Seth