[Los Angeles, CA Permaculture] Village Building Convergence 2014 Portland OR May 23-June 1

Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network lakinroe at silcom.com
Sun May 11 09:17:15 PDT 2014

Village Building Convergence 2014 Portland OR May23-June 1

The theme of Village Building Convergence 2014 is Beat of the Urban Hearth. The 10 day celebration will occur from Friday, May 23rd through Sunday, June 1st .http://vbc.cityrepair.org

City Repair's Village Building Convergence (VBC) is an annual ten-day placemaking festival that combines crowdsourced activism, creative community development, hands-on education and celebration.

Our mission is to facilitate an annual collaboration and cross pollination of neighbors, groups, and civic partnerships to transform our city through village life patterns, education, and placemaking projects. This culminates in a 10 day springtime celebration.
We invite you to expand your experience by getting involved.

We come together to create benches, community kiosks, gardens, street paintings, tile mosaics, and more! Neighbors join together with people who want to help and learn skills while bringing to life the natural building, permaculture, and public art projects that they’ve been planning. Learn valuable skills for urban sustainability and social regeneration while celebrating the creativity and diversity of our wonderful city! Read more about the VBC...

During the day, people have the opportunity to get involved with creative, community designed placemaking projects happening all over the city. There is natural building, gardening, art, and many other fun things to do and great people doing them with you! This aspect of the event is always free.
During the evening everyone gathers at a central venue for a night of wholesome food, presentations by leaders in the forefront of positive change, and exhilirating musical performances from local bands. Prices here are $15 in advance and $20 at the door, with worktrade available most nights.