[Los Angeles, CA Permaculture] Reminder: Special Evening Network Meeting with Will Allen, Wednesday 11/19, 6-9pm Free event

Lois Arkin crsp at igc.org
Thu Nov 13 11:55:48 PST 2014

Next Wednesday 6-9PM: LA Food Policy Council November Network Event with
Will Allen "Food Waste, Compost & the Good Food Economy" The LA Food Policy

Like
<https://go.madmimi.com/redirects/1415907838-c3b22ecb13dca2730caa5cf4821998af-2a66557?pa=26248642086&amx=7323291377>
Tweet
<https://go.madmimi.com/redirects/1415907838-b29b942233631f54afb3b066bdeaf946-2a66557?pa=26248642086&amx=7323291377>

2012-Mar26 Cesar Chavez Garden 19 banner

    Next Wednesday 6-9PM: LA Food Policy Council November Network Event
    with Will Allen

    "Food Waste, Compost & the Good Food Economy"

novnetworkflyer
<https://go.madmimi.com/redirects/1415907838-227b89e4ea7fcadea53aa4cb747017a5-2a66557?pa=26248642086>

Click to RSVP

The LA Food Policy Council looks forward to seeing you at our special
evening meeting focused on food waste, composting and the Good Food
economy with special guest Will Allen of Growing Power
<https://go.madmimi.com/redirects/1415907838-32977b46b447074db6894afcdfdf2b4e-2a66557?pa=26248642086>.

    *PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS AN EVENING EVENT*

*When:* Wednesday, November 19, 2014, 6:00 – 9:00 pm
*Where:* United University Church, on the USC Campus at Hoover and
Jefferson, 817 W. 34th Street, Los Angeles, CA 90089
<https://go.madmimi.com/redirects/1415907838-f2ac06504c80a4c7f964bf644f90f7ca-2a66557?pa=26248642086>

*Confirmed Discussion Leaders include:*
Will Allen, Founder and CEO of Growing Power
<https://go.madmimi.com/redirects/1415907838-106fe3be11f64e04202d44de54491c07-2a66557?pa=26248642086>

Paula Daniels, LAFPC Founder and Senior Fellow on Food Systems, Water
and Climate at the Office of Governor Jerry Brown
Jackie Cornejo, Director of the Don't Waste LA Project
<https://go.madmimi.com/redirects/1415907838-e6e1cbfb88aa2d3d5a1c58f38ed79798-2a66557?pa=26248642086>
at LAANE
<https://go.madmimi.com/redirects/1415907838-782be220a42d49ca472b5dda15146637-2a66557?pa=26248642086>

John Guevarra, Research and Policy Analyst of the Don't Waste LA Project
<https://go.madmimi.com/redirects/1415907838-d2c471b534b0f3c1db345687fb9ebc8f-2a66557?pa=26248642086>
at LAANE
<https://go.madmimi.com/redirects/1415907838-8ab816c015dd78cc5cb01637eef80f96-2a66557?pa=26248642086>

Michael Martinez, Founder of L.A. Compost
<https://go.madmimi.com/redirects/1415907838-b19639c37150d94d524733eb70824d56-2a66557?pa=26248642086>

Dan Noble, Executive Director of the Association of Compost Producers
<https://go.madmimi.com/redirects/1415907838-382423f9ac4b4c680f8e1cd15f9682ad-2a66557?pa=26248642086>

With Additional Community Spotlights

*Meeting Schedule**
5:30 - 6:00 PM Registration
6:00 - 6:30 PM Welcome & Network Updates
6:30 - 7:05 PM Visionary Dialogues
7:10 - 7:30 PM Food Waste Policy and the Good Food Economy in LA
7:35 - 8:15 PM Spotlight on the Future & Q&A
8:15 - 9:00 PM Networking Reception (Refreshments provided by Community
Services Unlimited
<https://go.madmimi.com/redirects/1415907838-63b2b2bb2817425cf4f60ece8a1a1b80-2a66557?pa=26248642086>
and beverages by Whole Foods Market
<https://go.madmimi.com/redirects/1415907838-4db25914e2c8b16692ca429202f5e9c9-2a66557?pa=26248642086>)

/*Because this is a special evening engagement, we will not have Working
Group meetings or new member orientation./

    *RSVP on Eventbrite by November 18, 2014.
    <https://go.madmimi.com/redirects/1415907838-0803942cee93100898e6b3038b41de99-2a66557?pa=26248642086>*

*Please see instructions below for directions, public transportation,
parking information and wheelchair accessibility.*

***

    Call for Volunteers!

We are seeking awesome volunteers for our 11/19 event! *We will need
volunteers to help from 4:30-6:30pm.* For more information and to sign
up, contact Anisha Hingorani, ahingorani [at] goodfoodla [dot] org.

***

    Network Meeting Resources

IMG 6226

*Network Meeting Dossier*
Please see the list of RSVPs
<https://go.madmimi.com/redirects/1415907838-fd66d5cd9efe143c8e65aa96ef3f59eb-2a66557?pa=26248642086>
for more information about who is expected to attend Wednesday's LAFPC
Network event.

*LAFPC Network Bulletin Board*
We will have a large bulletin board available at the event. Please bring
along business cards, upcoming event flyers, and other community
materials to share with other Network participants!

***

    Getting to United University Church on USC campus

map uuc directions
<https://go.madmimi.com/redirects/1415907838-491d19b6104457d4bd91d470718c905a-2a66557?pa=26248642086>

Click to enlarge

*Directions*
- United University Church is located on the north side of the
University Park Campus of the University of Southern California at the
intersection of Hoover Street and Jefferson Blvd.

*Public Transportation*
- United University Church is a 0.4 mile walk from the Jefferson/USC
Expo Line Station

*Parking Information*
- Hourly metered street parking can be found on Hoover, Figueroa and
neighboring streets.

▪

▪ There are several paid parking lots in the USC Campus area. United
University Church is a 0.2 mile walk from the Shrine Auditorium lot,
located on Jefferson Blvd between Figueroa and Hoover Streets. Prices
range from $6-$10.

/The church site is wheelchair accessible. For questions about
accessibility of the venue and parking, please contact Anisha Hingorani,
ahingorani [at] goodfoodla [dot] org/

email <mailto:info at goodfoodla.org>
1px

©2014 Los Angeles Food Policy Council | 200 North Spring Street, Suite
M125 | Los Angeles, CA 90012

Web Version
<https://go.madmimi.com/redirects/1415907838-339dc6947c816b6799780f4267d9142f-2a66557?pa=26248642086&amx=7323291377>
<https://go.madmimi.com/redirects/1415907838-9f3d6927a90ef9bde8b45b86006e4fa8-2a66557?pa=26248642086&amx=7323291377>