[Los Angeles, CA Permaculture] Starhawk's Kickstarter for the Sequel to The Fifth Sacred Thing--One More Day!

Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network lakinroe at silcom.com
Sun Aug 30 10:44:39 PDT 2015

Be like mushrooms.  Spread your mycelial threads, underground, and connect them, out of sight.  Extrude them, extend them, link them, clamping one to another in a pattern with no center to destroy, no head to cut off.

            Then exude.  Sweat out the revolutionary fervor that dissolves old structures, that breaks toxins apart.

            Extend your reach, link root to root.  Trees feed their young through subterranean fungal webs.  Be a conduit.  Take in.  Share.

            Be like mushrooms, ephemeral, mostly invisible. Pop up everywhere, overnight, and then disappear.

            But also be like trees.

            Grow slowly.  Push up from below, when you’re ready.

            Draw from deep sources, but also take in light.

            Build structure.  Flex and strengthen your fiber so when the storms hit, you can hold your ground.

            Feed on light, on air and water.  Grow.

            Grow so tall that you can be seen from everywhere, a brave silhouette that shapes a new skyline.

            And don’t grow alone.

Hi permie friends, that’s a quote from my latest book, City of Refuge, a sequel to The Fifth Sacred Thing.  I’ve been running a Kickstarter to fund self-publishing it, after the original publishers turned it down on the grounds that there wouldn’t be an audience for it.  We’ve already proved them wrong!  And I am so grateful for all the support I’ve gotten from so many people!

 Now we’re heading into the last day.  We’re still working toward some ambitious stretch goals, and appreciate any help you can give.  Mostly, I wanted to let you know that this is your chance to get a copy of the book in some form as early as possible.  And if you are a lover of hardcovers, this is the only hardcover edition we’re planning!

 If you can’t pledge now, E-books and paperbacks will eventually be available online and possibly in some independent bookstores.  And there are some other key ways you can help.

Every supporter, everyone who Likes our Facebook Page or helps build the buzz, helps makes the case that there is an audience for this book.  And that may help us get a distributor who can also get it into bookstores!

 Here’s three things you can do:

1. Send our link to three friends you think might be interested.

2.  Share our link on your social media and through your networks.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1548894274/city-of-refuge-the-sequel-to-the-fifth-sacred-thin

3.  Like our FacebookPage, and if you really like it, steal the banner for your own page.

https://www.facebook.com/thefifthsacredthingsequel

Thanks so much!  I feel so grateful to be part of this wonderful community!