[Los Angeles, CA Permaculture] Join us for 'Uncovering the Future of Food'! w/ Botanical Explorer Joseph Simcox

Nadia nadiabdel at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 16:48:05 PDT 2016

<http://hollywoodorchard.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=70dc93749aba0b1407ce3c866&id=da1279f5d6&e=d8f82d6b69>

*UNCOVERING THE FUTURE OF FOOD*
A very special limited engagement with Joseph Simcox
Sunday July 24th
3pm–7pm
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
$35 Includes 3pm Lecture and
Homemade Organic Dinner and Beverage Buffet at 5pm
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
*ONLY 30 TICKETS AVAILABLE* .
Reserve Now / More Info
<http://hollywoodorchard.us4.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=70dc93749aba0b1407ce3c866&id=5bc9788e31&e=d8f82d6b69>
Join us as Joseph Simcox shares the future of food—going back to the
foodways of people's past to show the way ahead for the future.
"I am dedicated to sharing my experience of the vast diversity of the plant
world with as many people as possible. The future of mankind is
inextricably linked to us developing a symbiotic relationship with plants
and nature."
                *– Joseph Simcox*
*Joseph Simcox *is a World Food Plant Ecologist and Ethnobotanist.

As a Botanical Explorer, he travels the globe to identify the world’s food
plant resources, focusing on underutilized crops and wild species.

The basis of his work is to promote the use and cultivation of plants for
food and useful components. The harmonious balance between modern man’s
infrastructures and nature is necessary if man is to continue to prosper on
the planet.

His goal is to ensure food security and nutrition for all while developing
food systems that mimic nature. Joseph asserts that the identification of
wild food plants and their appropriate habitats is the first step to
creating sustainable ecosystems.
Joseph Simcox: TEDx
<http://hollywoodorchard.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=70dc93749aba0b1407ce3c866&id=e638d152d9&e=d8f82d6b69>

*The Birdhouse* is a gathering place in the foothills of Hollywood’s
Beachwood Canyon dedicated to addressing the question: * What will it take
to live the life that the Planet Earth now demands? *

Our intention is to provide a space where curious, open-minded agents of
change can learn, explore, and share our vision to promote the arts,
well-being, learning, and transformation.

We operate an urban farm and a workshop space to host participatory design
events, demonstration projects, for sharing skills and training. We
anticipate the completion of a popup kitchen and garden amphitheater by
early 2017.

<http://hollywoodorchard.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=70dc93749aba0b1407ce3c866&id=673ab738c8&e=d8f82d6b69>
<http://hollywoodorchard.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=70dc93749aba0b1407ce3c866&id=9c2ec6a980&e=d8f82d6b69>
<http://hollywoodorchard.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=70dc93749aba0b1407ce3c866&id=5f2b6898d5&e=d8f82d6b69>