[Los Angeles, CA Permaculture] Resilience Design for A Rapidly Changing Ecological and Social Climate with Warren Brush/YOUTUBE

Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network lakinroe at silcom.com
Sun Nov 27 10:43:52 PST 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LChlKgNupI <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LChlKgNupI>

Resilience Design for A Rapidly Changing Ecological and Social Climate with Warren Brush <https://www.facebook.com/WarrenBrush>
Back in September, I was honored to present a lecture for the The Sustainability Speaker Series at the Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey.
In this presentation, I gave an introduction to the Resilience Design Framework and Permagarden Program that is an integration of agroecology, permaculture design, and rainwater harvesting practices and principles.
In times of global climate extremes and instability, ecological degeneration, social restlessness, and economic volatility, this training is being promoted by USAID through their TOPS (technical operations performance support) program as part of their Food for Peace programming as an essential training to promote resilience in their beneficiary communities.
It consists of practical design tools and participatory methods for working with the patterns of landscape, local resources and local innovation to restore hydrological stability, create regenerative agriculture practices, eliminating waste and creating economic viability through ecological stability with high-risk communities globally.