[Los Angeles, CA Permaculture] The Soul of Soil and the Ecocity Future of Los Angeles - Saturday July 14, 2018: a mini-conference at L.A. Eco-Village from 1pm to midnight.

wesley roe Santa Barbara Permaculture Network lakinroe at silcom.com
Thu Jul 5 22:56:04 PDT 2018

The Soul of Soil and the Ecocity Future of Los Angeles -
Saturday July 14, 2018: a mini-conference at L.A. Eco-Village from 1pm to midnight.
Reservations required:
crsp at igc.org <mailto:crsp at igc.org> or 213/738-1254
Here's what's happening, and who's talking about what. You're invited to join the conversation.  See more details below.

1 - 2pm:   Veggie potluck lunch and registration - Songs Yard.  Please bring your own non-throwaway eating ware to make this a zero waste event.

Gideon Sussman
2 - 3:30pm: Gideon Sussman, BuroHappold Lead Engineer for Songs Redevelopment Team- talks on  "What was Good for the Past May be Even Better for the Future."  - Songs Hall

3:30 - 3:45pm     Break

3:45 - 5:15pm
Kreigh Hampel, Recycling Coordinator, City of Burbank - talks on:

Kreigh Hampel
"How Mulch Good Can We Do? Satellite imaging,  microbial intelligence, the historic role of discarded nutrients, and a group exploration into the enormous potential for regenerative urban farming." - Songs Hall

5:15 - 7:00pm     Dinner - catered or bring our own - Songs Yard:  Evening Registration, Announcements, Intros and special  GUEST DINNER SPEAKERS.

Richard Register 7:00 - 8:30pm
Richard Register - International Ecocity Visionary Revolutionary talks on "The LA Soil My Ecocity Ideas Grew Out Of - and Where They're Headed" - Songs Hall

8:30 - 8:45pm      Break

8:45 - 10:15pm   Christian Arnsperger, Economic

Christian Arnsperger
Anthropologist, University of Lausanne will talk about the "Permacircularity and Human Permaculture for a New L.A.: The Wisdom of Ecocity Fractals and the Cultivation of Urban Tribes"- Songs Yard

10:15 - 10:30pm  Break

10:30 - 11pm       Wrap-up panel and dialog with participants - Songs Yard

11pm - midnight Reading of "The Spirit of Bimini" - Late night snacks - Songs Yard
This event sponsored by CRSP in association with:
- Urban Soil-Tierra Urbana Limited Equity Housing Cooperative
- The Beverly/Vermont Community Land Trust
- Solidarity Research Center
- StreetsblogLA
-Santa Barbara Permaculture Network
Does your organizations or Agency want to be a co-sponsor to help spread the word?  Let us know, and we'll add you to this list: 213/738-1254 or crsp at igc.org <mailto:crsp at igc.org>
-------
*Note that this may be the first of a series on "The Soul of Soil".  We have borrowed this theme name from the book of the same title by Joseph Smillie and Grace Gershuny  whom we hope to host at LAEV someday.

OTHER EVENT DETAILS FOR THE SOUL OF SOIL...:

When:
Saturday, July 14, 2018 from 1pm to midnight. Join us for any part of the day or evening as noted on the schedule above

Where:
3554 West First Street - Songs Hall and Yard. This is the new CRSP-oned property in the  North end of Los Angeles Eco-Village.   Enter on Bimini just south of W. First St.,  Los Angeles 90004

Reservations required:
crsp at igc.org <mailto:crsp at igc.org> or 213/738-1254

Fees (sliding scale):
Afternoon sessions:  $10 - $25 or 4.5 TimeDollars to CRSP
Catered Dinner: $15 to $20 Cash or check to CRSP
Evening sessions:  $15 to $30 or 5 TimeDollars to CRSP
All sessions with dinner: $30 to $50 or 7 TimeDollars plus cash or check to CRSP for dinner.

Note: TimeDollars to CRSP ok for talks; cash or check to CRSP required for dinner.  TimeDollrs are only available to members of the ArroyoSeco Network of TimeBanks.

TRANSPORTATION: We urge you to walk, bike or use public transportation.  Check www.metro.net <http://www.metro.net/> for bus/train schedules.  Bike parking along Songs Yard fence on Bimini.  Car parking - could be difficult.  Please carpool.
-------